Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

new cymbal - Drum Solo Artist

July 23, 2019, 12:55:56 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: new cymbal  (Read 5137 times)
noah913

View Forum Profile
« on: March 03, 2010, 03:34:49 PM »

well first of all , I am sorry if I should have written this somewhere else , but I'm a newbie in here..and yes, sorry if my english is bad.Smiley

ok, so I play hardcore, metal music..from godsmack, gallows, soulfly, slipknot etc etc...
I just recently bought  Paiste Alpha soundedge hi hat 14'',Alpha crash 18'' and Zildjian ride Planet Z 20 ''...
Alpha crash has a lot of sustain, but I need another crash with ummm how to say, different sound..with less sustain I guess..U know how it works with 2 crashes.. So if you would be kind and give your opinions on what crash I should buy..Just not something too expensive.Smiley

thank you...
Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »

Welcome to D.S.A Noah.  There are a lot of possibilities that you may be interested in.  I would suggest you go to youtube.com and search drum solos and check out the different cymbals used by different drummers there.  One other suggestion would be to check out stacked crash cymbals.  That's like a 14" sitting on top of an 18".   Maybe the cheaper the better, it probably doesn't make much difference.
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »

Welcome Noah..  it kinda sounds like you are looking for a splash to compliment your crashes - they have a quick finish and short sustain, and can be had in a variety of notes/pitches. Tip: take your favorite crash with you to the drum shop so you can choose one that sounds good with the crash notes you already own.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: