Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Drum Setup Application Development - Drum Solo Artist

October 01, 2014, 02:16:35 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
 Print 
Author Topic: Drum Setup Application Development  (Read 55636 times)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 12:03:12 PM »

Appears to work as expected...Smiley
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »

added editing capability to item list.. as seen on the data button, changes are stored within the javascript database and as such are available to whatever save method we use.

the contents of the js db can be used by a reader to reproduce the layout on demand. Not shown (but existing) are 'kit name' and 'kit owner' fields, which make it possible for members with more than one kit (like Ken) to save multiple setups.

Fine positioning controls added, along with toggling the list on and off to keep it from hiding the editor. Closing editor restores the visibility of the item list.

z-index manipulation working. Next is delete function. done.

[I'll just edit this post with updates related to this version to cut back on the mail spam since I am currently making frequent changes to just about everything.]
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

Rotation revisited:

I don't know what I was thinking before, I'll just use php/imageMagik to rotate images. The logistic nightmares mentioned earlier only apply to javascript methods.  This is what happens when I micro-analyze things, the obvious can get missed... lol
(dsa servers have that toy installed I hope.. ?)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »

I dont remember... How do I check it? But we will add it if it is needed and not installed...

Cheers.
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »

make a page called info.php or something, and stick this in it:

Code:
<?php 
  phpinfo
();
?>

if it's installed, it should be listed there somewhere..
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »

Running the test above, - it does not appear to be installed, but it is not a problem, I will get it installed when we will need it.

Cheers.
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 02:06:36 AM »

Only things left to add to edit capability are series (only needed if we make additional image packs)  and a control to shift the number around on the image it belongs to.
Should probably have a way to change the number color..

Anyway, that's enough progress to call it a minor revision, v0.3.2 is up.

[edited to add that I seem to have broken it in FF, got to track that bug down. Drums not adding. -fixed... kinda. Still buggy after deleting. I'll fix later, gone for the night.]
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 11:37:02 AM »

You guys rock!

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

man this is driving me crazy... delete and renumbering is a pain with this api, so I'm deleting the delete button... lol

As a work-around, when this thing saves it will simply ignore anything with the status set to h (hidden).

So I'm going to call this portion of the editor complete, and move on to the rotational aspects so that I can get pedals and kick drums happening. I'll have to install imagick on my own server as well to code and test this part, so far it's all JS and DHTML but i guess it's time to add in some php..
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 06:55:26 PM »

how about gd, does the dsa server have that library installed?  that one also does what we need..

[edit - I think I'll learn that stuff later and just use multiple images for now.. it'll still be slick]
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »

Once again, I certainly appreciate all of the effort you guys are putting into this application.  I have no doubt, the DSA readers will find it a popular
feature.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 07:59:56 PM »

thanks Ken! I'm getting quite excited about the thing tbh, it's the kind of thing that can continue to evolve long after it's put to use.

working on the kicks right now, and also changing the image set from .gif (lame) to .png format. better scalability and cleaner edges with png.
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »

still working on kicks and pics.. cyms and drums now have higher quality png images which work well in Firefox but not in older IE which has no alpha channel support.

Old IE gets gif images now, which have ragged edges (the ones I have used so far), png is nice and smooth.. But I cannot test it in IE7 because IE7 will not run on my old OS (I have 2k, and no intention to change to vista)...  So if someone could test it for me on IE7 that would be grand. (hope to have kicks working sometime tonight or tomorrow)

[edit to add]
The buttons to re-order the list work fine, but so far they do not change the number on the related item on the stage. That obviously has to be fixed lol
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »

Super cool Wink

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 12:23:15 AM »

cyms and drums now have higher quality png images which work well in Firefox but not in older IE which has no alpha channel support.

So if someone could test it for me on IE7 that would be grand.

Ok here we go:

WINDOWS:
OS XP Pro SP2

IE 8 (both compatibility mode and regular) - images are .gif

It works overall, but there is no way to set what is in front and what is in the back. - It looks like images are layered one beneath the other in order they were added.

Fire Fox - images are .png - Works well.

Opera - images are .png - Works well.

Safari images are .png - Works Perfect

Mac OS 10.5.8 (Power Mac G5) and 10.6.2 (Intel) - All browsers work identically on both machines.

Safari images are .png - Works Perfect

Fire Fox - images are .png - Works well.

Opera - images are .png - Works well.

There are some weird screen inconsistencies that I have saw on Fire Fox and Opera (images are attached below), but other than this it was ok...

Also on all browsers (mac and pc) even if the throne image was .png the below data info still showed as .gif image.

Thats all for now...

* opera2_mac.jpg (15.98 KB, 366x445 - viewed 446 times.)

* opera_mac.jpg (65.14 KB, 632x726 - viewed 426 times.)

* ff_mac.jpg (10.75 KB, 378x212 - viewed 458 times.)

* ff2_mac.jpg (17.73 KB, 312x471 - viewed 447 times.)
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 12:57:48 AM »

outstanding reply.
I'll fix the sizing issues, that shouldn't be too hard to track down.. I must not have set the cell sizes properly enough to please uber-compliant opera. I like what mac does with the buttons, they look good rounded.

Good eye picking out the throne name error, that was hard coded (that part is from the original sample).

Interesting about the IE prob with the z-index not working. I hate IE, I would love to see designers stop jumping through hoops to satisfy it's childish refusal to be standards-compliant, but I doubt it will ever happen...  i'll track it down and fix it. lol  They shouldn't be gif in IE8 though, I thought I had it set for 5 & 6 only. My bad.

The scroll bars should only be there when the list is sized small enough to require them, overflow is set to auto. The last pic looks like a size issue again, text is shifted to the right so Dn looks like Dr
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:13 AM »

Reno, I made a mistake in my previous report!

I revisited all the browsers and found out that in IE 8 It is possible to set what is in front and what is in the back from both the editor and by clicking on the items on stage. - The problem is the throne! - It is always on top of everything no matter what you click.

Other than this my report was accurate.

I am very sorry for the confusion Embarrassed
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »

I've noticed that about the throne, I'll change the way it's added to the stage to fix that issue.  I'm actually not very concerned about it since it is unlikely anything would ever be over it other than the drummer's butt  lol  but still it's something that isn't working as it should and therefore needs to be fixed. Thanks for rechecking and clarifying the IE8 issue, I was at a loss to understand why it didn't respect the z-index calls.

I have the browser detection for IE fixed in my local work copy, I'll upload it later tonight - IE7 and 8 should both use the much higher resolution png images after that. The incorrect reporting of the throne image is also fixed in this build.
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »

- kicks use a single image currently, no matter which size you declare..  I'll work on that.
- .png should now work in IE7 & 8
- changed doctype declaration from xml to html, alignment in the editor should (but might not be) corrected or improved in opera.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 02:00:53 PM »

Kicks are nice  Grin

IE8 still showing gif... - in both modes... Same with opera, - no changes there.

PS: this time I double checked everything Cheesy
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »

To get to the bottom of this I decided to simply install Opera.. A few tweaks later, and Opera now displays the edit panel properly. As a side note, after this brief encounter I think I'll be using opera more often. It's not bad at all.

IE should be showing png images on anything newer than v6 (IE 5 and 6 both return "4" to version checks, I make no attempt to explain MS logic on that one.. lol).  To help track this issue, I have added the detected browser and version strings to the data table..  if you don't see that info there, try ctrl+f5.. if it returns info, please post the line here so I can see what my script thinks you are using (I can't install anything higher than IE6 on my old win2000 machine)

[edit: newest uploaded copy is v0.3.2.a ]
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »

Yep, Opera now works perfect  Grin

IE... (I am not a fan of IE either...) shows :

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Version: 4

And that is in both mods (Compatibility and Regular)

Cheers

PS: I did see the browser info line, and tried ctrl+f5 does it just refreshes the browser??
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 07:42:42 PM »

it does refresh, yes, with full cache delete.. sometimes the refresh button itself doesn't reload scripts or css..

ty for the reply, I scrapped the version detection and instead checked for the availability of xmlhttprequest command, which isn't available to v5 or 6.. should be using png this time (if not, it's official that IE dislikes me as much as I dislike it... lol)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 08:01:49 PM »

It works now images are png... But something is still not correct...

How do you make a snapshot of the screen on PC? (I dont have pc keyboard, I am using MacBook to run windows)
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 08:06:28 PM »

searching found this:

No new downloads or remappings needed. Use the On-Screen Keyboard (All Programs->Accessories->Accessibility:) Hold down the shift key on the "regular" keyboard and press the Print Screen (psc) on the On-Screen Keybord. Works for me.

------
or
------

This Is The Right Way:

Cmd (apple) + Shift +3 :
Print All Your Screen To A File Which Will Be Saved On Your Desktop

Cmd(apple) + Shift + 4 :
You Can Drag A Window To Save It To A Jpg File On Your Desktop
Or Press Space To Select A Working Window To Be Printscreened

Hope This Help
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
 Print