Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Sabian Cymbal Warranty - anyone ever had their cymbal replaced? - Drum Solo Artist

November 22, 2019, 10:15:14 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Sabian Cymbal Warranty - anyone ever had their cymbal replaced?  (Read 12681 times)
makedrums

makedrums

View Forum Profile
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »

About a week ago I sent a cracked cymbal to Sabian to get it replaced since it was still under it's 2 year warranty. I was wondering if anyone else has ever used their factory warranty to replace a cracked cymbal? This is my first time doing this, so I just wanted to see how it went down for other people.

KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »

I don't have any first-hand experience with Sabian cymbal warranty policies (I use Paiste cymbals).  However, I totaly believe that Sabian is a first rate company and believe they will, indeed, honor their warranty unless the cymbal was abused.

I do know that the drummers here in Nashville that do send Sabian cymbals back to the factory; do so through Fork's, the Nashville pro Drum shop with a Sabian dealership.

Let us know what transpires with your Sabian warranty situation.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
makedrums

makedrums

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »

Just got my replacement in the mail! It took a total of 11 days and it looks and sounds great! Thank you Sabian!

axlindgren

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »

Hi
What kind of crack was it that your cymbal had?
I have a 16" B8 crash with a very small crack on the outer edge of the cymbal.
If I send it in and they determine it was my fault, will they not send it back? I am worried..
Jon
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 04:20:05 PM »

If you are the original purchaser of the cymbal, then the Sabian dealership you used could contact Sabian for you.  They could determine if the cymbal was covered by warranty and how to return it.

If you have moved to a different city since purchasing the cymbal, I am almost certain that a different Sabian dealership would need a copy of the sales receipt in order to pursue the warranty dialoge with Sabian.....however....I don't know that for a fact..

Perhaps DSA member "makedrums" can offer more direct information since he has had a recent warranty experience with Sabian.

As stated previously, Sabian is a first-rate company, and unless a cymbal has been obviously abused, I have no doubt they will honor their warrenty.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 08:01:15 AM »

Any update on your warrenty issue, keep us posted on how things turn out.

makedrums

makedrums

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »

This might be helpful. I called the number listed below and talked to a Sabian Rep who gave me my RA# and then I just put my cymbal in a cardboard box with a copy of my receipt, and the RA# inside, and also a short explanation of where I bought it, (i bought from Jeff Ryders Drum shop, and the owner actually went to the Sabian factory and hand picked the cymbal that I bought)...So in my experience and from reading a couple of different forums about warranty services, I would think that you would have a much faster turn-around by NOT going through the store you bought it from. - That's just my opinion!

http://www.sabian.com/EN/education/faq.cfm -
How do I return my broken cymbal for warranty?

In North America to obtain warranty service, ship the cymbals prepaid along with a copy of the dated proof of purchase to the following;

In the USA.
    SABIAN Inc,
    100 Enterprise Drive,
    Marshfield, MA.

In the USA, please call 1-800-81-SABIAN to request an RA #

In Canada
    SABIAN,
    #219 Main St.
    Meductic, NB
    E6H 2L5

Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing and return shipping.

KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »

Thanks for the update and the information.

I believe this is something that Sabian players will certainly want to remember.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: