Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Impact of Economy on Live Music Performances - Drum Solo Artist

April 13, 2021, 09:43:26 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Impact of Economy on Live Music Performances  (Read 5240 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »

I live in Nashville and until recent times, there were lots of places for live music acts to perform.  The sad reality is that tough economic times have resulted in a reduction of events where performing acts were a traditional part of the events.  DJ music has also displaced musicians in many venues, and public and private clubs that used to have live music several nights a week have scaled way back too.   Sad

My trio act continues to get a reasonable amout of work because we are an affordable alternative.  However, the actual number of opportunities continues to dwindle in my market area. 

I'm wondering how many readers of the DSA Forum are experiencing a music "slow down" in their area.  If you work with live music acts....are your bookings down?   Huh

Anyone out there who is "not" feeling the impact of economic hardtimes?  Let's not limit the discussion just to drummers in the USA, but hear from drummers in other countries as well.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:31:18 AM »

Just an update from my live performances prespective.  Here in the Nashville area my December, 2009 holiday events bookings are down 25% from last year. From 20 to 15.

I am fortunate to have enjoyed two steady week-night engagements throughout 2009, since my week-end engagements work was down from 8 to 6  since January, 2009. 

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
DrumMan

DrumMan

DrumMan aka Frank Johnson

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »

I moved from Asheville North carolina back to Central Florida, the gig's are great,plus you have cruise ship work if you want it.Yes,a lot of venues cut back on live acts.I'm working on a duo project with a keyboard player(think of the money,I know is a joke)so far,with the digital rig,it's great,i only use the acoustic kit at concerts &band gigs.Western NC,TENN,Va-all cut back on live gigs,and low pay was the next step.
Not here-:)
peace-
DrumMan
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: