Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

New live video up. - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 01:25:57 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: New live video up.  (Read 5845 times)
Anodize

Anodize

Perception is Divine

View Forum Profile
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:53 PM »

Hey everybody,

Deryl the drummer for Anodize here. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their support of our band!

I wouldn't mind getting critiqued on my technique by fellow drummers. To that end, I've posted a new video filmed completely live and unedited.

Let me know what you think of my style, and if you're so inclined, vote for us at: [LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN]

You can vote every day, all this week. If we win, we go to L.A. to play at the ASCAP Conference.

Drum on!
Deryl
patafla
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:27:36 PM »

its a great song and the band sounds very convincing!!

I was not happy with my first reply but Ken has put this into a better perspective in the next comment.

What happens when you use very high movements is that it tends to make the timing rigid, its correct and in time, but it gets rigid. Those are tiny litle nuances in the timefeel and believe me most people wont notice this, but we do.

This also happens if you play very loud involving a lot of strength. Dont worry this effect can be heard with some awesome players at times. Allthough lifting your arms all the way up in the air is in style I would move away from that, just let the playing which is good speak for itself.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »

I understand the tune needs some of that "thrash" feel to fit the song's genre.  The only thing that bothered me (I watched and listened three times) was that I thought the cymbal hits often overpowered being able to hear some of the drum strokes you were doing.

Unlike Patafla, your flashiness didn't bother me, although I believe he is technically correct about the ability to control the flow better with less  exaggerated movements.

Good tune, good feel, but in my opinion the cymbal crashes overshadowed the drum sounds.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 02:41:22 AM »

I liked the music... However!! - I consider your post as a SPAM!

Here is why:

You obviously came to DSA just to get some attention which is absolutely fine, post your music, and we will comment, and IF we like it we will rate it on the website you want us to rate it. - But you have to post your video here!

DSA users should not be required to leave the site just to listen to your music!

I removed your duplicate post and the link to the video from this thread. However, you are welcome to post the youtube embed at the forum, or upload it via http://www.drumsoloartist.com/solos/account/upload_drumsolo.php and we will be happy to continue this discussion.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: