Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

1940s or 50s Leedy and Ludwig VALUE? - Drum Solo Artist

April 13, 2021, 01:07:42 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: 1940s or 50s Leedy and Ludwig VALUE?  (Read 8072 times)
TJDrag1

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:31:58 AM »

I have an old Leedy and Ludwig drum set. It has been dated as late 40s or early 50s. It is marine pearl white. It is a 4 piece, with a 24" Bass with a Speedking Pedal, 16" floor Tom, 13" mounting Tom, and a 14" snare. 13" zildjian hi hat, 16" and 18" zildjian cymbals. The shells are in good condition, but needs new heads on all but the floor Tom. All pieces have functioning stands, which may be their originals (they are visibly very old). I also have cases for both Toms and the snare.

Check out my photo album for pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/TJDrag

Can anyone tell me how much I could get for it on eBay? Any help is appreciated.
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 04:32:16 PM »

I really have no clue, but looking at it, i would say a lot. You have original stuff there, and original vintage drum kits are highly collectable.

Try taking it to a Drum restoration shop. They will know, and be able to give you advice too.

Thats a very nice kit  Shocked
Diets

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 03:23:49 PM »

There are a # of sites and groups that could help you. I think one of them is Vintage Drums.com not sure so check in a copy of Modern Drummer they have a bunch in there.  Anyway I was at one of these sites about my 1968 Ludwig snare and if you send them some quallity Pictures they may be able to place an approximate value on your Kit. I do know there are a # of factors involved in the evaluation. You could also check out Ludwig Drums I believe they are part of the (Semilar) not spelled right, Group.

Cheers Diet's
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: