Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Drum CD's - Drum Solo Artist

December 16, 2018, 10:17:53 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Drum CD's  (Read 5974 times)
Zane4898

Zane4898

View Forum Profile
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:36:26 AM »

I am wonder if there is some where you can purchase CD's that have music to play drums with (music with guitar and bass but no drums) I'm fairly new to dumming and when I am practicing I take my Iphone plug it into the stereo and play along with the music, but now I thought what if the songs didn't have the dums in them so I could play and not get messed up by the real drummer in the song. I live in the US, so if there are any companies that you know of that I could purchase such a thing, it would be very helpful. Oh ya the music I'm interested in is something that is easy to intermediate to play, rock, country, jazz. Thanks for the help
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:03:50 AM »

First, Welcome!  Great ot have you here.  What you are lookng for is a play along CD.  I am willing to bet PASHA or another more experianced board member will toss out some ideas for you shortly.

Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »

Try checking out the Drum Solo Artist store they may have what you are looking for.  If not, DrumBum.com does have drumless tracks.  You could also use google and search for drumless tracks, several sites come up that allow you to downlaod tracks in MP3 format.  You do pay for the downloads.

An advantage with downloads is you controle the content and do not end up paying for tracks you do not want with a CD.

rdrummer322

rdrummer322

Jim Tyler

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »

Good advise Jonathon. When I was learning I spent hours just playing along to the albums themselves (CDS were years away).There were some I literally wore out playing drums while listening to them. The important thing is not in getting every fill right, but learning the groove to a song and keeping good time. You can do that playing along with anything.
 Now if you want to make a youtube video or something, then by all means get the tracks minus drums.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:05:33 PM »

I did the same thing as a kid.  I played along with records.....anything that was in the house, not just something that I liked.  I wanted to be able to learn to play all styles and feels. Cool

I think I drove my family nuts, because they were often hearing the same records over and over.

Modern technology has electronic instruments and headphones into ipods that my parents would have appreciated more than I'll ever know.   Shocked Roll Eyes

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 01:07:52 AM »

Here is some drum books, CDs, DVDs to choose from, if you still interested:

http://www.drumza.com/category/Drum-DVD-CD-Books/

Cheers
Johnathan