Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Mom Looking for Help! - Drum Solo Artist

April 20, 2021, 08:34:16 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Mom Looking for Help!  (Read 8825 times)
conniec6

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:52:07 PM »

Trying to pick out a drum set for my 17 year old for Christmas.  He's played guitar and bass (and taken lessons) for about 5 years.  Picked up on the drums last year and wants a set of his own.  From what I'm told - he's got a lot of skill at anything he picks up.  I'm comparing low-end sets (basic Ludwig/Tama/Pulse) and have no idea which way to.  Looking for a set that will last a year or two that he can get develop his skills to the point where we know it's worth investing in a more expensive set.  Any opinions would be appreciated!  I have to pick one out ASAP!  Thanks.  Oh yeah - he plays everyting from Led Zep to Blink 182 if that helps.
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 02:40:04 PM »

oooo....right.

where to start...

This is out of experience, but i would say a pearl export.

They are quite* cheap, and they suit a huge range of styles and experiences. Its a kit that will go a long way.

*When i say cheap i mean, a good price for what your getting. you can get cheaper kits, but they wont last long as your son progresses.

Im sure some people have other ideas as to what is a good starter kit.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »

Wow what a mom!!! I hope your 17 year old understands and values what are you doing for him here at this drum forum!

To the subject:

I would get him any set that has a standard 5 psc configuration...
Which means: 1 snare, 2 toms 1 floor tom, 1 bass drum, 1 hi het, 1 ride cymbal and 1 crush cymbal. (a standard package 5 piece drum set) and to make it practical, that is if you would need to sell it later just get anything from the top manufacturers: http://www.drumsoloartist.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1123007527
will be easier to sell it later on.
Hope that helps.
Diets

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 01:08:53 AM »

just get anything from the top manufacturers

I agree, You are better off going with a quality used set. Most manufactures will have, lo - mid - and high end kits available
sdlatson

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »

I would go with the Ludwig Accent Combo drumset. It is a great set and reallyu cheap to. You should get some Sabian B8 cymbals to go with that. That would be the perfect beginner set at a REALLY low price.
m3t4lm1l1t14

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:30:29 PM »

I would go with the Ludwig Accent Combo drumset. It is a great set and reallyu cheap to. You should get some Sabian B8 cymbals to go with that. That would be the perfect beginner set at a REALLY low price.

i agree, but if your looking for something better, check out ludwig accent custom. this was my first drum set and it had great sound and lasted a long time. but i think it is $230 more than accent combo at $600. also, i reccomend a pack of zildjian zbt or zxt cymbals.
CBdrummer696

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »

CBs are low in price and they have great hardware and drums for a good price Grin
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: