Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Headline or camber? - Drum Solo Artist

July 20, 2019, 10:26:09 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Headline or camber?  (Read 7777 times)
selvik

View Forum Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »

What brand is better?

-Headline "brass quality"
-16" Crash Symbal
-20" Ride Symbal

OR

-Camber
-with same size

The thing is, a guy borrowed my cymbals(headline) and lost them. He now offers Camber cymbals in return. Due to the fact that I am selling my drum set, I want to know which is more "valuable", so I can get any cash difference in the quality/price.

Anyone got a rough price estimate on those brands?

Appreciate all responds.

Thanks, selvik.
henry_bellfry

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:55:33 PM »

Since no one else has replied to this, I'll give it a shot. Do you mean Headliner? The suggested retail (based on a search) is mid 200's for a set of high-hats, 16 crash and 20 ride. The only price I could find for a similar set of Camber cymbals was on ebay: $119
rdrummer322

rdrummer322

Jim Tyler

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 10:19:43 PM »

excellent response Henry! I had never heard of headliner cymbals. Is that some beginning brand of a major manufacturer?
 Believe it or not I've tried some Camber cymbals and wasn't pleasantly surprised by the quality.
henry_bellfry

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »

Yes, as a very, very amateur drummer (although I've been listening to drums all my life so maybe my lack of inexperience drumming is meaningless) Cambers are terrible. I've never played or heard much worse in my life. I had a set and ridded myself of them immediately. The crash was maybe the best of the hihats and ride but it was still bad. You had to hit the hi-hats hard to get even a crappy sound. Even though they're cheap, I'd just get ZBT over them.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »

I always encourage aspiring drummers to choose cymbals than sound "good" to them. 

There are often good bargains on used cymbals at major drum shops.  So you can often get "better sounding" cymbals with "prior experience" than you would get by purchasing new student line cymbals.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: