Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

What should I do with all those Great Tracks?? - Drum Solo Artist

December 13, 2018, 01:16:59 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Poll
Question: Should the "NDS" tracks be activated/included to the Drum Solo section?
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: What should I do with all those Great Tracks??  (Read 25175 times)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:11 PM »

I started receiving some great tracks uploaded to our Drum Solo section, and I would be happy to activate them, but the problem is that although the tracks are REALLY good, there is nothing that I could possibly classify as a drum solo...

From what I see there are 2 ways we can deal with this:

1 - the tracks will not be activated/included in the Drum Solo section, but will be available for users to embed to their own profiles.

2 - the tracks will be activated and included in a separate section of the Drum Solo section... (we can call it something like NDS aka Non Drum Solo  Grin or something like that)

So what should I do with all those Great tracks??
nullmuse

nullmuse

"Stumpy Joe" Grim

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:07:26 AM »

NDS sounds like a fine idea to me.  I'd really be fine with just one repository for all videos and call it "Good Drumming", but solo's probably DO need to be separated in their own right.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 01:26:43 AM »

Ok, I see... Let me wait for some other replies, and if they match your opinion I will make the necessary changes (to the current Drum Solos section) to accommodate this.

PS: Thanks a lot for your reply! Wink
lynchony

lynchony

Bring it on !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 03:04:38 PM »

Hi , I agree that the tracks should be separated, NDS tracks is a great idea !
All the best
LYNCH
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:04:23 PM »

Ok great, I have added the new section and activated all the tracks that were not activated before, I also moved a couple existing ones to the new section as they seemed appropriate to be there...

The NDS section can be found here:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/solos/section-NDS.htm

or by clicking the !NOT button in any of the Drum Solos section pages.

Enjoy Wink

PS: Thanks a lot for all your input on this matter!
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 06:38:49 AM »

Hi,

I just read this and agree.  Having the drums solos separated is the best way to go.  Also, there may be some drummers out there that have some good tracks where they play very well, but those same drummers may not have any drum solos that they can send in.

The new way allows more people to contribute different kinds of things.  I like it.

Don
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »

The new way allows more people to contribute different kinds of things.  I like it.

Don

Yeah!!! - I did not think of it that way!! Embarrassed - I mean if you look at it this way, Than I have ONLY ONE QUESTION! :

How did we perviously manage without it !!   Cheesy

PS: In the other news, since you have ignited the "play count update" for our drum solo section, I have been working on making the whole thing even better, - I managed to make the script that is running the section around 42% lighter and that means it will run A LOT faster... There are also some interface improvements... Should be up before the end of the day. Wink

Cheers!!
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »

Ok it is up...

Also....

There seems to be a problem with someone falsely rating solos by giving 1 star to everyone, and because of that I am forced to close voting for all visitors. From now on only logged-in users will be able to vote.

If you feel this decision is not appropriate, reply and we will talk about it  Wink...

Cheers!
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

I believe that is the way it should be......no anonamous "multiple-voters" and one vote per member.  That's seems to keep things under control and yet give members an opportunity to participate, if they so desire.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 10:22:38 PM »

Agreed! That will give an absolute control, and IF the abuser is actually a DSA member, I will be able to track him/her down...

But I am afraid that the system is not setup this way currently... It is not "one vote per member per track" currently, - it is still "one vote per IP per track" but Only for logged in users.

Lets see if that will stop the abuser, and if it will not that I will change the rating system to me "per member" and not "per IP"...

I just wish you all would talk more about all those problems OR inconveniences you may encounter on DSA, because if I dont know about a problem, most probably I Will Not fix it...  Grin

Cheers.
nullmuse

nullmuse

"Stumpy Joe" Grim

View Forum Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 11:44:23 AM »

Thanks for posting...I'm looking forward to listening to the clips.

It's sad that people abuse their anonymity.  If someone is "stuffing the box" or consistently screwing up the ratings on the videos, then I totally agree--only logged in users should be able to rate clips.  That way there's accountability for who is giving what ratings to what clips.

It's a shame you can't just leave it open for anyone to post their honest opinion, but ti doesn't sound like people are BEING honest.  I think the Internet has proven that, especially with such a large anonymous group, the "honor system" doesn't work.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 06:09:19 AM »

There seems to be a problem with someone falsely rating solos by giving 1 star to everyone, and because of that I am forced to close voting for all visitors. From now on only logged-in users will be able to vote.

Cheers!

Ok, I can already see that this did not stop the HE, so in the near future, I will be reworking the rating system to be per member, the system will also record the exact vote each user gave, along with DSA user ID, ISP used and some other info, so if you are the HE, and you are reading this I advice you to watch out what you do on DSA from now on!
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 07:58:57 AM »

RE:  “IF the abuser is actually a DSA member, I will be able to track him/her down”...
“Lets see if that will stop the abuser, and if it will not that I will change the rating system to me "per member" and not "per IP"...

COMMENT:  No matter what you decide to do, the honest DSA members won’t be negatively impacted…..only the “cheaters”. 

RE: “I just wish you all would talk more about all those problems OR inconveniences you may encounter on DSA, because if I don’t know about a problem, most probably I Will Not fix it”

COMMENT:  That’s an excellent point!  PASHA has to know a concern exists, in order to correct it.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 02:04:04 AM »

Ok, I have changed the rating system to be per member, and I ask you all (if you have some free time) to try rating solos, to see if you will be able to outsmart the system and vote more than once.

I will wait for about a week for the experiment, and will reset the ratings again, as they are obviously abused and dont represent the truthful values.

Thanks!  Wink
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 02:17:19 PM »

All The Ratings has now been reset for all the solos and videos.

I have also merged the new video section to our Drum Solo section, so now we have a single place where all the music is posted. The Videos and MP3s are accessible from the Drum Solos section as before, and all the videos are also accessible by clicking the Videos link located right near the Drum Solos link at the middle of the top menu, and the main Drum Live menu.

Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: