Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Bands - Drum Solo Artist

April 20, 2021, 09:48:06 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Bands  (Read 9086 times)
ctfdrummer

I am the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard

View Forum Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »

What Is Your Favorite Band?
or pick a top five

1.The Devil Wears Prada
2. Oregon Falls
3.Sleep Serapis Sleep
4.Emmure
5.Whispered Hallows
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Does'nt it belong to the polls section??

http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/poll/
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »

This is hard, but I believe that my five all-time favorite bands would have to be:

•   The Count Basie Band
•   Tower of Power
•   Steely Dan
•   Earth, Wind and Fire
•   Tom Scott and the LA Express

There are many, many more players that I truly enjoy, but these have to be the ones at the top of my “band” list 

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:07 AM »

Hi,

Yes, this is not easy.  But, there are five bands or groups that I especially like.  They are:

1.  Cream:  Cream played two kinds of music.  Studio and live.  They were as different as
                          night and day.  The way they played live puts them as number one.  "Wheels of Fire,
                          "Cream Live", "Cream Live Vol. 2", "Goodbye Cream", and many bootlegs have some
                          extraordinary playing on them that uncountable bands have tried to emulate.

2.  The Buddy Rich Big Band:  The band he had in the 70s and 80s.  Although the members
                          changed occasionaly, the music didn't.  "Buddy and Soul", "Mercy Mercy", and "Wham!"
                          are just a few that give a very good example of this amazing band.

3.  The Beatles:  Nothing needs to be said here.

4.  The John Coltrane Quartet:  That's John Coltrane with Elvin Jones (D), McCoy Tyner (P), and
                           Jimmy Garrison (B).  They made a lot a albums.  " Live at the Half Note",  "A Love
                           Supreme" are good examples of the quartet.

5.  The Jimi Hendrix Experience:  Jimi Hendrix, Noel Redding (B), Mitch Mitchel (D).  The first three
                           albums.  There are many other bootlegs and whatnot that are good too.

Don
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

Don,

I like all of your "picks" too. 

Cream's live version of "Spoonful" on WHEELS OF FIRE is just as incredible a performance by today's standards as it was the first time I heard it. 

When the Jimi Hendrix Experience exploded on the scene.....with an entire new direction.....it paved the way for so many others who would follow.....including ZZ Top.  By the way, I jammed with Jimmy before he was "discovered" by Chas Chandler and became Jimi. Back then he was playing Chicago Blues with a soulful passion that can't be described in mere words.  Nashville's Billy Cox (Bass) and Sharon Lane (B3) latter re-united with him here in the States after the JH Experience had ended and he was looking for other musical combinations.  It is too bad it ended much too soon.  He was NOT a one dimensional guitar player at all!

The Buddy Rich Big Band....The Beatles.....and the John Coltrane Band......wow....all outstanding examples of great musical magic......with no further comments required.

Maybe FIVE favorites is just impossible for me!

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:41:12 AM »

The Who
Ozzy
Blue Oyster Cult
AC/DC