Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Best cleaning of Avedius Zildjian Vintage cymbals? - Drum Solo Artist

November 14, 2019, 08:57:28 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Best cleaning of Avedius Zildjian Vintage cymbals?  (Read 15028 times)
Chuck26

View Forum Profile
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

What's the best (and easiest) product to get these things shiny again??  Thanks, Chuck
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:33:25 PM »

If you are going to sell these cymbals, remember.....there are some players who are looking for old aged, dirty-looking Avedis Zildjians because of the way they SOUND. Make up your mind what you really want to do with those cymbals before you shine 'em up!

If you do decide to clean them up, never use Brasso or other similar harse chemical cleaners like that on cymbal bronze.

The bargain way is with an old cotton t-shirt and a bath tub of warm water.   Spinkle on some BAR KEEPERS FRIEND and clean small areas at a time rubbing WITH the cymbal's spiral grooves.  Bar Keepers Friend is NOT like using Comet, Dutch Cleanser, etc.  It is a non-abrassive metal cleaner that's available at the many grocery stores.  It's messy hard work and it requires very careful rinsing and wiping down.  However, it works fine to remove years of crud from cymbals.

I much prefer the quick and easy way.... without any abrasive risks...the best of which is a product called KicknBrass Cymbal Cleaner.

http://www.kicknbrass.com/kickn_brass_what_it_is.htm

Other good products are made by Zildjian, Trick, Sabian, etc. and they are available at your area Drum Shop. 

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »

Great - Thanks I will try that one Wink
Ani-mal

Ani-mal

Animal on the loose! film at 11:00

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 02:17:19 PM »

Sweet! I have been in need of some new cleaner!  And I just checked the site and there is a local store here that is supposed to have it in stock!  Guess I'll grab some tonight because I was going to get some heads any way. Now I will jus tgo to that store instead of where I was going.

Thanks Ken!  Grin
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: