Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

What's your favorite feature? - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 12:54:08 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Poll
Question: Am I clear now?
Exceptional - 0 (0%)
Highly recommended - 0 (0%)
Very good - 0 (0%)
Good - 0 (0%)
So-so - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: What's your favorite feature?  (Read 14202 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: December 08, 2007, 03:48:12 PM »

What's your favorite feature on the Drum Solo Artist website?  The forum?  The groups?  The solo archive?  The bolgs?  The drum news?  The techniques link and other links?  Something else?

I think if we share what we like best and least it would give PASHA some really reliable feedback.

One suggestion I will offer is to establish one more category under the DRUM FORUM, specifically to discuss educational/instructional matters

I would envision member comments about how helpful (or not) certain products are; requests to help locate products for certain types of instruction or help; and a place to discuss questions or problems understanding specific portions of instructional materials; and to have member reviews of new items that come out.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 04:00:22 PM »

Sounds good! Give me 2 days and it will be up...
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »

Wow........a response within 12 minutes and 10 seconds from PASHA!

I gotta give you a KARMA click for that one! Cool

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:56:30 PM »

Thanks, I am trying to be as fast as I can with my responses  Cheesy
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »

Ok it is done, I will search and move any posts that I will find related to the subject from the other sections to the new forum later on.

Enjoy Wink
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:51:28 AM »

I truly believe this new forum topic will be beneficial to everyone who is serious about learning more. 
With so many new materials available now, it just makes sense to hear what others have to say; or what they recommend, before you spend a lot of money.

Should we have a rating scale, say 1 to 10, for the format in which the material is presented?

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 08:55:39 AM »

PASHA

Maybe, I should have written the above comments under the new forum topic, but I guess you can make
a comment about being open and objective in rating materials.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 09:35:20 AM »

Should we have a rating scale, say 1 to 10, for the format in which the material is presented?

Do you mean to rate the forum threads?
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »

Wasn't very clear was I?
 Shocked
Do you mean to rate the forum threads? Roll Eyes

No, I meant when we discuss our opinion of the educational materials we might post here.  But maybe a numerical scale is too subjective to be useful.   So, on second thought how about something like:

Exceptional    - A geniunely rare, "must have" learning tool for all serious drummers

Highly Recommended  - A very well structured and valuable learning tool for those
                                                                     interested in the topic

Very Good    - A very good learning tool in a field of other very good materials
                                                                    to choose from on this topic

So-So - Not that useful.  I couldn't recommend this one and your reasons why.

Just something for you to consider, as we start this new forum section.  Cool

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:13:26 PM »

Yes, but what will the users rate? - the forum thread that discusses the product?

Thanks..
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 07:00:03 PM »

Yes, but what will the users rate? - the forum thread that discusses the product?

Thanks..

I figured there would be occassions when members would write about their experiences with certain DVD's. So, I was speaking about some "common terms" for rating the usefulness of the  educational products that members might comment on.  The person writing the review would be giving their opinion of the value of the product.   

So for example, if I wrote a post about the "Faster Master Blaster Double Bass Drum DVD" explaining that found it to be a better method than some of the others I had tried, and that I would recommend it to people looking for a better double bass drum method.  (i.e. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).

On the other hand if it was a good DVD, but still not actually any better than other DVD's out there, I might rate it as VERY GOOD.  Which is still a postive experience with the product.

If I tried it and found it to be of only MARGINAL value compared to other methods out there, then I might rate it SO SO.   My reasons might be that the DVD did not fully explain the concepts or that the DVD failed to have good view of the techniques at a slow speed.  In other words, it was okay, but there are better choices.

Did that make better sense?

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 11:31:08 PM »

Ahhh.. - You are crystal clear! I think this is ME the one who is not clear... Grin

I understand that users will rate an instructional media and not a forum post  Cheesy

What I dont understand is where should  the rating options  and the actual vote results appear?

Like in the solos section:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/solos/index.php

The rating bar is right beside the tracks, so it is a great and easy way to see the actual rating for each track, and rate it right there.

Now back to the forum:

User will submit a review of an instructional dvd, and will rate it as, lets say, "very good", now where should the actual buttons for rating and the results appear? Can we use poll system for this purpose, similar to the one I used in this thread?
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 07:59:26 AM »

PASHA

RE: 
User will submit a review of an instructional dvd, and will rate it as, lets say, "very good", now where should the actual buttons for rating and the results appear? Can we use poll system for this purpose, similar to the one I used in this thread?

I'll send a PM and include some possible examples for your consideration.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: