Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

DSA website features - Drum Solo Artist

April 13, 2021, 10:02:48 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: DSA website features  (Read 20717 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: November 24, 2007, 04:58:28 PM »

It seems that the DRUM FORUM is the most popular aspect of the DSA website.  That, at least, is what first lead me to access DSA and read through the topics posted here.

I've found some other features here, however, that don't seem to get as much traffic. This includes the
POLLS
GROUPS
BLOGS
DRUM TECHNIQUES
DRUMMERS LIST
DRUM NEWS
DRUM SOLOS ARCHIVES

I'm wondering why more folks don't check these out.  Maybe some of you will comment on that.

The DSA website seems to be set-up in a well thought-out way, and I find it very user friendly.  All kinds of musical styles are treasted with geniune and serious interest, and regardless of your level of performing experience, all participants are treated with respect.

Anyway.....kudos to PASHA for all the hard work he puts into keeping the site going.  I urge everyone post opinions, write blogs, participate in the polls........and to share your ideas, experiences, recorded performances and questions.  That way we all learn more about this incredible obsession we call drumming.

Of all of the drum oriented sites on the web; this one is certainly the one that really exists for your input rather than being geared towards (although some are more subtle) ultimately selling you something.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »

Well.. it is sad...

Although You did Dig the main idea behind DSA!  Wink - It is made for users input in every way possible, and that is number 1, and the main difference between DSA and the rest of the drum related websites:

At Drum Solo Artist you can actually have your "stuff" up no matter if you are famous or not! And the more exposed the DSA gets the more exposed your "stuff" gets automatically!! In my opinion it is a win-win situation!!

Anyway, currently, I am aggressively fighting for more traffic, the campaign is almost over, and IF it will turn out to be successful, we will see a lot more users in (approximately) 2 month.

In other news I am planning to add some sections, where users will be able to submit even more to their profiles. (their music and videos). Wink
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »

The DSA Drum Forum rocks and I believe the article in Modern Drummmer helped to spread the word about DSA. 

If DSA Forum readers ALSO continue to spread the word to other drummers, we'll all benefit from a wider and more diverse base of ideas.

I just recommend to readers that haven't done so yet...... to check out the other cool features on DSA, whenever they can.

Thanks again PASHA, your dedication and diligence in making DSA happen is deeply appreciated.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 08:27:55 PM »

Hey, dont get me wrong, I am all for it  Cheesy

And I do think it is strange that users are mostly interested in forum and practically ignoring some other parts of DSA...

PS: Ken, I am preparing something for you, will be up by tomorrow eve... Wink
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:19:46 PM »

Well, if the DSA Forum is the most frequent factor that brings readers ito the website, that's cool with me.  Wink

Some readers will eventually check out the other features......and I KNOW that you put a lot of work and thought into developing those other features.  THEY are what definitely distinquishes DSA from the other drum-related forums/sites. 

My post was just a quick "shout out" to the readers to suggest they look them over. Grin

Rock on!

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »

New guy here so I do not have tunnel vision yet as far as the site layout.  I like it.  The only feature I do not like is the Drum Solo area, it does not allow for user feedback other then stars.  A new drummer like me wants to post a vid and get feedback.  I do not want a low star rating because I am off beat per say to those with more experiance. 

I do not think I will post a vid or sound byte there, I have found very few if any tracks that are from new drumers like me.  Most are from skilled players that have been around for awhile.  Your site promotes learning and sells learning material, perhaps the site may want to add something like a beginner area where one may post a vid and get other member feedback without star rating but real words. I might want to post a vid of me playing to, The Who or just Rudiments to obtain others feedback, do not think you can do that in the Solo area.  The Drum Solo area is cool, please do not get me wrong but when you go to add a track you are not given much to say other then track title, album and is it you or not.  Thanks for considering my thought.  If I am missing something, let me know.  Great site, wish there were more folks on line Smiley

Johnathan

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:52:34 PM »

Interesting... Any one out there that also wants a separate area (similar to the drum solos) for beginner drummers tracks with comments instead of rating?
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 08:39:48 AM »

PASHA/Ken,

I am willing to post the first beginner vid if you build the place for me to do it.  I appreciate your consideration.  Another option that will not require any modification to your site, is to allow me to start a topic area called:  "Beginners Corner" I would then say something like this:  New to drumming, want feedback on how you play?  Then post your vid here.  At DSA we pride ourselves on offering a wide range of resources to our community.  Here new drummers may post vids of themselves behind their kit, play rudiments, a cover or just a jam.  Members will offer constructive feedback.  No one has been rude thus far, we have a great community so I am sure the Mods will not have to work hard on this one.

Enjoy and the DSA team looks forward to watching you grow and improve so that you too may post to the Drum Solo section of our web page and compete in the next Drum Off.  PASHA and Ken understands new drummers can be a bit intimidated by that section and approved this topic area to give new drummers the confidence they need.  So post away and have fun.  Simply drop your drum vid  in your post, remember only post your vid link, not links to profiles on your own site etc.  Feel free to tell us about the vid you are posting and what you are wanting members to give feedback on.

I understand the revenue aspects of using the Solo section so either way a beginner section with no stars might do the trick as well.  thanks for entertaining the idea. 

KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »

I like it.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 06:33:20 PM »

Ok, so as I understand it correctly we need another forum for beginner drummers videos?
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »

It could go in the Drum Forum as a topic you can pin it or simply let it float like the other topics/threads

Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »

If you give me the green light I will set it up and if you do not like it you can delete it ASAP no problem there.

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 06:45:17 PM »

Just a thread will do? - I mean with (lets say) 50 posts in a single thread, most of them will be lost in page numbers... - you know what I mean?...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »

Could you click on IM link at the top of the site? - just keep the window open, I will invite you...
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »

Ok it is open

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile