Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Wanted anyones opion on Meinl - Drum Solo Artist

January 26, 2020, 09:34:08 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Wanted anyones opion on Meinl  (Read 6597 times)
Devildrummer

Those who wander are not lost

View Forum Profile
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:45:27 AM »

I'm about to buy new cymbals and I've always used Paiste,but I've heard meinl is just as good and cheaper is this true. Anyones opion on the subject would be great. Grin
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 11:55:15 PM »

Personally I think that they are VERY good, but again I love and prefer the Zildjians... Why dont you just hit the stores and try them out ? - If you like what you will hear, than buy a few...

That is about the best answer I can give you, - hope that helps.
IL_DUCE

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:28:54 PM »

I just purchased a Meinl 2months ago theMB20 16" medium/heavy crash. The cymbal is a monster. It's loud great attack nice sustain and decay. I'd recommend this one too anyone. Not sure if they're chaper than Paiste but they don't cost any more. pricewise I think they're pretyy close I paid $209 for my meinl. I can tell you this it won't be my last meinl for sure
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »

There are many really well made cymbals on the market today, including the brand you have asked about.  Other drummers can give you their opinions, but in the end only YOUR ears can decide what "DOES IT" for you.  Your sticks, your stroke, your style(s), and your comfort level with certain cymbal sounds make it a very personal choice for you.  Whether you choose from one brand or series or listen to lots of possible new "candidates" pick out what "rocks your world" not someone elses world.   Cool

Here's a link to a blog I wrote about picking out cymbals.  Maybe it will give you some helpful ideas.   Wink

http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/blog/view/id_71/title_selecting-cymbals-101/

Keep rockin'......have fun.....     Smiley

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: