Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

BASS DRUM Hardware Question - ?? TOMTOM Holder? - Drum Solo Artist

February 23, 2019, 04:46:55 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: BASS DRUM Hardware Question - ?? TOMTOM Holder?  (Read 6934 times)
drumlich

View Forum Profile
« on: August 17, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »

Hey guys, this site rocks! 

Onto the question.  I just bought a nice 7 piece set from someone on craig'slist in my area.  It only cost me 100$, which was a surprise.  I thought I would be spending around 200$ at least.  Unfortunately, it was 100$ because a small piece on the top of the bass drum is cracked.  Its a small rectangular piece where a metal rod goes to support the TOM-TOM's, I believe.  I was thinking of either welding or crazy gluing the piece back in, but its a dual rod and the second tension clamp was missing, and the other was cracked off.  I was wondering what the name of this piece is, and is it easily replaceable?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  This set is a wedding gift for my best friend.  I want to be able to set it up in his house before he comes back from his honeymoon!

Thanks guys, and again, GREAT SITE!

-Bryan
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 01:15:15 AM »

Ok, you have to unscrew the entire piece from the set and get it to your local drum shop. I am sure they will be able to figure out the brand name and order a replacement for you.

PS: dont wait for the last minute to do it as the part may not be in stock in the nearest warehouse, and you may have to wait a bit to get it from some distant location...

PPS: The welding idea is not going to work, just replace the whole part. Wink

Hope that helps.
drumlich

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »

Ya it's a shame because I don't have any drum shops locally around here, just mom and pop guitar stores.  I wish I could figure out the name of that piece.  I guess the closest music store to me would be SamAshe and they're about an hour away =(  Plus, last time I went there the kid knew even less than I did >_<

*sigh*

Thanks for the response.
drumlich

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:21:20 PM »

Hey what's up?  Does anyone know the name of the piece that connects the tom-tom holders to the top of the bass drum?  This piece on my set has snapped - it was made of some weak metal, and I think the previous owner left it outside!! (WTF!).  I don't know the name of this piece, so I can't find it online, and I really doubt Sam Ash or somewhere similar would have that part in stock.  I've checked a few smaller stores locally and they all said the same thing, they tried to sell me a $200 used bass drum.  Pfffft

This piece HAS to be interchangeable, and I'm sure they break often.  It's the only piece on the set that I can see breaking besides stripping the occasional screw. 

I suppose I could cut out a thick piece of hardwood and screw it into place, then mount/glue two PVC pipes to act like the broken metal holders.   I'm pretty much broke, I can't afford to buy much at this time.  I need some resourceful opinions on this matter.  Thank you!

Heres my hand-me-down set.  I play the Bass but I like to mess around on the drums from time-to-time also.

-Bryan
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »

Hey Bryan, I merged the above post to this topic because you are talking about the same thing and you will have a better chance getting your answers when all the information is in one topic.

PS: it looks like a standard (Pearl?) Bass Drum Tom Clamp. What is the kits brand name??

If you can give me the name of the manufacturer of the kit, along with the name of the kit, and the approximate year it was produced, I may be able to locate the exact part...
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: