Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

double bass - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 01:23:37 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: double bass  (Read 15818 times)
slyrofbmx

View Forum Profile
« on: July 31, 2007, 05:40:20 PM »

ok I NEED HELP lol ok so i love heavy/death metal, with the speed drumming ad everything, i just cant get the bass fast enuf...i tryed heal on floor isnt loud at all and not fast, i tryed heal up i perfected my right foot but cant get my left foot, heel toe holy shit that just doesnt work for me, any one have any advice
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:06:10 AM »

Well, if you ONLY want to increase the speed, than I would suggest starting to practice some rudiments (check out the Drum Techniques section to find an appropriate exercise, or just Search for rudiments), if you want to be able to "hold" the speed for a long period of time, (single strokes, heel up) than also start jogging!

Hope that helps
Metalfinger

Metalfinger

Just play your drums!

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »

ok I NEED HELP lol ok so i love heavy/death metal, with the speed drumming ad everything, i just cant get the bass fast enuf...i tryed heal on floor isnt loud at all and not fast, i tryed heal up i perfected my right foot but cant get my left foot, heel toe holy shit that just doesnt work for me, any one have any advice
Ill try to help you kiddo... Ok here is the brutal truth. There is no quick fix, you must play your drums consistantly everyday and set aside time for those dbl pedals.
I too like heavy metal aswell and if you want to achive good dble bass skills, I suggest you keep at it because its not something that you can just pull out of a hat, you have to want it and work for it!
learn the patterns and watch closely how and when your hands and feet land on a stroke.
With 15 yrs exp all I want to tell you is play your drums EVERYDAY!!!
also go check out You Tube for its drum lessons. just type "drum lessons" you will find alot of good stuff there aswell as here. Stick around!
slyrofbmx

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:51:50 PM »

There is no quick fix, you must play your drums consistantly everyday and set aside time for those dbl pedals.
I too like heavy metal aswell and if you want to achive good dble bass skills, I suggest you keep at it because its not something that you can just pull out of a hat, you have to want it and work for it!
learn the patterns and watch closely how and when your hands and feet land on a stroke.
With 15 yrs exp all I want to tell you is play your drums EVERYDAY!!!

lol yea i have a broken wrist wich makes it so i can only use the basses so i gues 2 months of all bss will also help lol
export1413

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »

also i've found that pedals do make a serious difference in this. For example, i have a really bad mapex double pedal which i picked up for about 100 euros. The left pedal does not oscillate ( excuse my spelling) the same as the right. Also i need to put a lot more force into the left pedal for it to be as loud as the right.

I recommend pedal wise DW900 or 9000 i forgot or tama iron cobra

best pedals around:D

good luck mate hope you PROGRESS Grin Grin
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 10:13:12 PM »

Check out my blog today about this very topic. Wink

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »

The link to Kens Getting your Double Bass Chops Together Blog is here:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/blog/view/id_58/

Really recommend checking it out!! Wink
adm-drummersnare

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »

dude wat is the best brand of double bass pedals
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »

There are some great double bass pedals on the market nowadays.  With so many to choose from and with so many different features, (i.e. chain drive, strap drive, cam drive, linkages and other variations) it is like picking out a new car.  You need to look at the ones that interest you and then test drive them!

In all seriousness, if you are searching for a new pedal then I  suggest that you go to a professional drum shop and try some various brands and models......on a drum.....not with your fingers.  You will certainly find a pedal that just feels so good that you will KNOW that it is "the one".  If you really can't tell any difference in the models you seem to like......then buy the one with the best price.

The best brand of double bass pedals?

Honestly......no one can answer that question but you.  The way you play and the "feel" that you prefer is likely different than another drummer. 

So the answer is...............the one that rocks YOUR world.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Aqua_bats

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:52 PM »

How i achieve a good double bass petal is i usually jog every morning to work up leg, thigh and ankle strength. And before i play i usually drink a Amp energy drink or something. It works for me.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 10:54:53 AM »

Ditto on Jogging!! Wink
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »

Hi,

A great book that can help you develop your double bass technique is "Double Bass Drumming" by Joe Franco.  If you look in the  drum book section of the drum library under "drum techniques" at this site you can find a brief summary of the book. 

If you use this book steadily and with a metronome, you should be able to get your bass drum chops up to speed.

Don
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: