Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

2nd hand gear - Drum Solo Artist

April 20, 2021, 10:03:33 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: 2nd hand gear  (Read 10046 times)
Mark

BANG!!CRASH!!WA LLOP!!

View Forum Profile
« on: July 31, 2005, 09:28:41 AM »

Does anyone know of any good 2nd hand drum shops in the UK?  I am looking for some cymbals & stands.

Thanks,
Mark
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:29:25 PM »

I allways use eBay for and second hand stuff that you want. They usally have some good stuff there. Massive selection of cymbals.
Mark

BANG!!CRASH!!WA LLOP!!

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 03:29:48 PM »

I allways use eBay for and second hand stuff that you want. They usally have some good stuff there. Massive selection of cymbals.

Thanks, have you ever had any problem with ebay? I'm probably the last person left who hasn't used it!!
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 07:14:27 PM »

No, I have not yet found a dodgy seller, but there are people who use ways of getting your money without you realizing (but it still being legal).If your not sure if the sellers good or not, look at the reputation of the seller. if its 70% or below, i wouldnt be that happy to buy of him/her.  

And a little tip: dont go jumping into a buy without reading all of the info. The Price may look cheap, but if it looks to good to be true, look at how much their charging for P+P. Also, if its a fragile item (there arnt many fragile drum items) look to see if he/she offers postal insurance.

Just check and make sure you are happy with all the details.
Mark

BANG!!CRASH!!WA LLOP!!

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 12:46:51 PM »

Thanks for the advice  Smiley
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:44:06 AM »

I never buy unless the rating is 98% or better and I use paypal, it protects both seller and buyer.

Soemtimes items look like a great deal until you see the shipping charge, got to watch out for that as well.   For the most part ebay is not bad.  I think you might find some good deals here at DSA in the Drum Store Section as well.

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 03:28:23 PM »

Thanks, J...

I would also like to say a few words about our Drum Store...

As you all know Drum Solo Artist was never and will never be a website that makes any kind of "profit" from our members and visitors. - We are here to create a drummers community that helps each other with all the drum related questions and as we are growing bigger, and the drummers community at Drum Solo Artist is getting more and more attention we have an ability to actually help drummers with some promotion by announcing them on the front page, the news section, newsletters, etc. - I also have some connections with some of the Drum Magazines, so we are trying to make it as efficient as possible.

Now we also have our Drum Competitions (as often as we can actually host them)... And we try to sell the Solos and Songs that you send us at our drum store - which is (again) completely non profit as we only deduct the merchant charges that we pay for the transactions. - The rest of the money goes to the actual owners (the drummers)... - I know that our terms and conditions state different, but trust me, it does work as I described above!

All in all as you can see we have quite a list of "services" that we "give" to drummers, just as a token of appreciation for their work!

Now in order to have it all functional and "healthy" we need some budget! - For instance our drum competitions, were completely budgeted out of donations from our own members! Cool - and that is not a joke!

Today (perhaps because of the worlds economy situation) we are not receiving many donations (I have received $35 this year) - which is very generous, Thank you! - But that is definitely not enough to cover anything! - The competition alone costs us $2000.00 in prizes + what ever promotion we can afford (another $2000 at least)

So I have setup a few "side projects" that will hopefully get us the budget to grow and cover everything described above.

One of them is our Drum Store where we list drums and hardware available at ebay and some other major merchants - like Guitar Center for instance. - Again Drum Solo Artist does not sell you those items, we just list them for your convenience, and IF you purchase anything from our Drum Store, you are actually buying from the merchant that is selling the item (we are currently working with 5 merchants which gives us around 70.000 products to choose from).

We dont add to the original prices of our merchants, but if you purchase from our Drum Store merchant pays us a percentage from your purchase.

So if it does not make any difference to you who to buy from, AND you want to support this drummers community, you can always make that purchase via our Drum Store and be sure that you did not spend extra time or money, yet you did gave a great deal of support to the drummers Like yourself!

Thank you!
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: