Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

What will be the best media to practice single stroke and double stroke ? - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 12:45:02 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: What will be the best media to practice single stroke and double stroke ?  (Read 11180 times)
jazznchew

View Forum Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 06:11:04 AM »

i wanted to train on my single and double stroke -- which media will be the best for practicing purpose? -- > Practice pad (VIC Firth) or snare drum?

Bassically i am very weak on stick playing.....i cant control well on the drum stick....what exercises shld i start with? please advice ...  Wink
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »

Well, a practise pad is better in my opinion because, if you have people in your house or nextdoor neihbours that will get annoyed easily, the practise pad is quiet and you can practise with one almost anywhere. For techniques to start with, first it's a good idea to start out holding your sticks correctly. There's an easy way to know if you're holding your sticks the propper way. Pick up your sticks, and hold them the normal way you're used to. Then, ask yourself "What time is it?". Turn your rist to the point where you could read the face of a wrist watch easily, and try and hold your rist that way, when you play. From there, theres an exersize called 1 to 10. This is where you do 5 single strokes in each hand, then move up to 5 double strokes, then 5 triplets, and etc etc until you get to 10 shots in each hand, then make your way back down to one.
Hope I helped.

-Rob

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
jazznchew

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:22:26 PM »

Hi Little drummer boy....thanks !
it's a good info  Grin

All rite, then i think i should go for buying my first PRACTICE PAD to train up on my sticking teachnique first then only i buy the drum sets.  YES !!!  Grin
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »

No worries.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
jazznchew

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 05:11:31 AM »

YES !!!

I have got my first practice pad (Pro-mark) !!! YES !!!  Grin

drummer5

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 01:16:03 PM »

Like others said,a practicepad is your best way to learn. Start out slow and build your speed up slowly.You will be amazed of how much control you will have.

Drummer5
jazznchew

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:07:02 AM »

yaya...i have started to practice on the practice pad for 2 days already. I feel a lot of improvement on my hand technique, especially LEFT hand....  Wink yes!!!  Grin   

but, does anyone know any good video to learn the single stroke or double stroke?
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 03:55:31 AM »

does anyone know any good video to learn the single stroke or double stroke?

Here you go, check this first:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X-rGsGZTlso&amp;ap=%2526fmt%3D18&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/X-rGsGZTlso&amp;ap=%2526fmt%3D18&amp;rel=0</a>

and when you are fine repeating all you see on the video, continue to this topic:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/drumforum/index.php/topic,349.0.html

Hope that helps.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: