Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Case for Jazz Drums - Drum Solo Artist

February 23, 2019, 04:09:34 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Case for Jazz Drums  (Read 7897 times)
themancable

themancable

View Forum Profile
« on: June 09, 2007, 10:41:10 AM »

Hi people,

I've been doing a lot of little jazz club dates recently with a small jazz kit (18 BD, 12 & 14 toms, snare, one ride mounted on BD, one ride on stand, hihat stand) and I'm looking to make my transportation setup as minimal and compact as possible.

Does anyone know about a caddy or case for these four drums plus some minimal hardware (HH stand + one cymbal stand)? I've been googling but still haven't found anything.

Thanks so much in advance,
Rob
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 11:47:33 AM »

Yuh gone done stolen my name ya jerk. Now it's gonna be all mixed up.

On to the topic. If you go to your local drum or music store they can take the specs for your kit and order it for you if they don't have the right sizes. I've been looking around Premier drums' site and I remember seeing drum bags that fit whole kits in one bag. Might be cheaper?

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
themancable

themancable

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »

Yuh gone done stolen my name ya jerk. Now it's gonna be all mixed up.

errr ... would that be the name "Rob"? Cool

On to the topic. If you go to your local drum or music store they can take the specs for your kit and order it for you if they don't have the right sizes. I've been looking around Premier drums' site and I remember seeing drum bags that fit whole kits in one bag. Might be cheaper?

Yeah I guess a custom thing would be possible, but I was thinking that there must be something already available, something affordable.

I checked the Premier site but couldn't find anything specific to this purpose (http://www.premier-percussion.com/procases.asp).

Thanks anyway though.
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:05:33 PM »

No problem. Sorry if I haven't been any help.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 01:15:42 PM »

XL Protechtor (the Lite series) makes a case that holds the floor tom, rack tom, and snare drum.  I has protective seperator discs that go between the drums and it also has wheels.  They also make a Lite bass drum case with wheels, and cymbals (I suggest in a bag) can go into it on top on the bass drum batter head.  Add a hardware bag with wheels and you're ready to go to the gig.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

Wonder what Themancable decided to do?

The most compact thing I've seen is the Yamaha "Rick Marotta Hip Gig" kit.

All the drums nest inside a hinged bass drum.  All the hardware goes into a canister throne. Put your cymbal bag on your shoulder and you can carry everything into the club in one trip.

Shocked

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: