Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Rides - Drum Solo Artist

December 05, 2019, 02:10:39 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Rides  (Read 13153 times)
drummerbabygirl

View Forum Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »

I'm looking for a different ride setup any suggestions
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »

...Your looking for a new ride?
As i say with anything to do with cymbals, go to a shop and try them. A cymbal is only as good as it sounds, and if you don't like it, then it's useless.

Go to a drum shop and ask to try their rides, pick out which ones you like the sound of the most, and then compare the prices. When testing a ride for the right sounds, it helps to take your own sticks to the shop. Test ALL of the sounds from the cymbal; Edge, body and bell. Hit them with the tip and the body of the stick. Rides have a lot of different sound in them, so you've got to find one with a selection of sounds that you like.

Thats the only help i can give you.
Good Luck  Wink
wasted-years

wasted-years

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 01:00:35 AM »

i agree with smelly granny
i personally always liked medium 20" 21" aa sabian
but thats just me
and they have alot to pick from you just have to do as granny said and test out what you think you would like

Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »

She said setup. Well. You might wanna tell us how you have it set up before we can give you different suggestions. But I don't think I've ever seen a drummer (right handed) that doesn't have his/her ride over the floor tom, playing it with his/her right hand.

~Rob

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »

She said setup. Well. You might wanna tell us how you have it set up before we can give you different suggestions. But I don't think I've ever seen a drummer (right handed) that doesn't have his/her ride over the floor tom, playing it with his/her right hand.

~Rob
ooo, i see. Set up could mean what kinda rides, no?
i once had my ride behind my snare, in between the hi hat and 1st tom, at about an inch higher than my snare. It was pretty good to get doubles in between a snare real quick and some other technical two-handed stuff that you would usually do on a hat. I only changed it because i couldn't hit the edge very well, and it just didn't seem natural. I would probably do it if i had 2 rides.
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 06:11:36 PM »

Hmmm that's a cool idea, smelly, but I think that having my splash exactly where you said is better, kindof fits better because it's so small. I have two rides(one riveted) and I think it works better to have my normal ride over my floor tom on my right, and to have my riveted ride over top and to the left of the first one.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 07:12:36 PM »

I have moved my cymbals around a few times, being a lefty I have my ride to the left, my crash to the center right (as I sit behind the kit) and my China to the far right.  I want to add another ride and a splash.  I agree, the best way is to try them then go find the best deal.

Magma1261

Magma1261

Magma12

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

if you like dry rides, i would go with the 21" Sabian AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride, which is my personal favorite. and Zildjian 22" Custom is good 2.
yamaharec

yamaharec

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 09:01:44 PM »

I got a 21"Sabian Vault Tri-Zone Ride!!I love it!!I spent  3 hrs once in cymbal room trying EVERY cymbal in there !!That Tri-Zone put bar high in my book!!That Ride had everything I wanted to my ear!!!Mind you it was almost $400!!!Not for everyone price wise!I found another ride I have admit sounded very good was  a Ziljain Bounce Ride.The Bounce was duely noted!!
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: