Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

What would like to see here? - Drum Solo Artist

May 27, 2018, 09:29:13 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: What would like to see here?  (Read 31988 times)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:32:46 PM »

Drumsoloartist.com is offering a lot already, but that is not a reason to stop bringing you even more, so tell us what would you like to see on drumsoloartist.com?
jumpin_12

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 10:15:57 AM »

Either I cant seem to find it, or there isnt one.  But a section for classified ads for members would be great!  Is this a possibility?

Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 03:58:30 AM »

WOW !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked - IS IT THAT BAD Huh

If you think the navigation is unusable, you can not find anything, etc - YOU SHOULD share your thoughts, cause If you dont than I would not know about your problems, - would I...?!

Anyway, if you visit the home page by following this link: www.drumsoloartist.com, or by clicking on the logo in the top left corner  Grin - you can see the Free classifieds section on the left menu, like on the image below, click on the "Free Classifieds" and the menu will open...

Hope that helps Wink

* adds.gif (121.29 KB, 911x771 - viewed 1441 times.)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:06:39 AM »

But I really hope it is Not that bad  Embarrassed - I mean the navigation...

And since we are on the subject, as you can see most of pages on drumsoloartist have the left navigation bar (the blue one) - and the forum does not. - So do you think it would be beneficial to add it to the forum also?? - Cause from what I understand most of the forum users dont ever go past the forum pages, so they are missing a lot of navigation right there... Huh

PS: note that the forum will get a little slower because of that - not an issue for me personally, but can become for someone...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »

Ok, how about a control panel at the drum store where you would be able to upload, manage and track sales of your own products? - Like your own songs and solos? - Will that be interesting?
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »

That's a cool idea!

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 05:50:07 PM »

Ok, how about a control panel at the drum store where you would be able to upload, manage and track sales of your own products? - Like your own songs and solos? - Will that be interesting?

So, almost like an ebay like thing? But with tracks as well as real items? could work, yea. Something very hard to monitor tho. Might be worth somehow implementing ebay into it to help with the legality of things and the security of transactions.
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »

I think it would be cool that (not necesserally on the forums) there would be a spot to discuss different genres of music and drumming. It would be called "The Musical Lounge" or something, and there would be different pages to different styles of music in it. Just a thought.

Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »

This is a great thread, any ideas out there?

Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »

I think it would be cool that (not necesserally on the forums) there would be a spot to discuss different genres of music and drumming. It would be called "The Musical Lounge" or something, and there would be different pages to different styles of music in it. Just a thought.

PASHA/Ken,

Did you guys ever impliment the above?  Seems like an interesting idea.  If implimented, where is it, I might be looing in the wrong places.

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 05:00:04 PM »

Sure it is called The Groups! - We have a few already, although they are currently not that popular, but we are trying a few ideas to get them up to speed Wink

Check here:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/groups/

Cheers
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »

Thanks PASHA Smiley

KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »

Jonathan, you might consider starting a GROUP for beginning drummers.  It could possibly be a niche that would interest many of the new readers.   Who knows?   If you do, I'd suggest defining "beginning drummers" as two years or less, of experience.  Although that is simply a suggestion from me.

Seems like I had already hipped you to the Double Bass Group and the Jazz and More Group.  You may or may not have interest in either.  I know that when I started the Jazz and More Group, I really thought that I'd get some significant interest.  However, even though I had several "reads" there hasn't been lots of dialog. 

I believe part of PASHA's concept was, and still is, to offer something of quailty, to drummers of all experience levels.......and to make sure that all rthe eaders felt both welcome and appreciated.

My main motivation, as PASHA already knows, is to share my experiences with any other drummers who might be interested.  I am certainly not a know-it-all......far from it  Cheesy.......but I am willing to share and treat all brother drummers with total respect.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 06:46:48 AM »

What a neat idea Ken, I think I will have a go at it.  I poked in the group area yesterday, there are some neat groups there.  Is it ok if i put a plug in for the group in the Beginners Forum?

I may ask for some of your help while I set the group up.  Oh! Side Bar!  We are going to Nashville next weekend, it's my B day on the 10th.  My wife wants to take her folks from the Philippines there to see the Grand Old Opre Center then yes, you guesed it, head to the mall Smiley  I read that the Old Opre Mall is real neat.

Got to run, thanks for the feedback and ideas.  This is a great site and Ken, you are always polite and your drum advice has been spot on and I thank you for it. You to PASHA,  I am going to work rudiments open close style this week.  Back to the basics for me.

Here is the Groups link for those who do not know where it is:  http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/groups/

Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »

How about a mini chat  Grin

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: