Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

need good cymbals - Drum Solo Artist

October 30, 2020, 12:42:20 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Poll
Question: what kind of cymbals
b8 pro - 0 (0%)
any thing else thats good - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: need good cymbals  (Read 18472 times)
coke_can

View Forum Profile
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:53:27 PM »

I bought a used drumset for 250 and have got some pinstripes on it and remo plastic tuning circles on it, the whole set sounds incredible except they had some economy cymbals. the hi hats dont sound that bad but they are 13's and just suck and the crash is i think 16 and you hit it and it just makes a strange deep vibrating noise for about 5 minutes.I NEED NEW CYMBALS! I want 14 inch cymbals, 2 crashes, and a ride

They need to be:
Cast
not too expensive
Ive been looking at cymbals packs on musiciansfriend and zzounds, but i dont know what to get.  Ive been looking at B8 pro rock cymbal pack, they come with a free 18inch crash but i dont know if they are any good at all.

Please give me your opinion on those and if there are any good cymbal sets out there.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:50:55 PM »

Well if you are running for the cymbals that will cost you as less as possible, you SHOULD check out Wuhan! this company actually sell their cymbals for peanuts! (even cheaper than in the link above) and they do make a Professional Quality Cymbals. - Check them out:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Wuhan-Splash-Cymbal?sku=445860&src=3SOSWXXA

http://www.wuhancymbals.com/
coke_can

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:07:23 PM »

well that looks pretty good but it doesnt tell you how you can buy them.

im also looking for something more along zildijian, sabian, or paiste in  a pack
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 01:08:07 PM »

There is the wuhan option, but that will pretty much only cover your chinas, splashes and trashy crashes.

You seem to know what you like and don't like when it comes to cymbal sound. The best advice i can give you is to go to your local drum/music store and hit some stuff, and see for yourself.

Most drum stores have a rack of cymbals hung up ready for people to hit them. Go to the store with a budget, and find a combination that you like and fits in your budget.

The only real difference between different cymbals is their sound, and the only person who can say what sound you want is you.

Good Luck in your quest  Wink

I might sticky a topic about this to save me saying it again
coke_can

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »

thanks, i think there is a fork's a few miles away so im gonna try and go there, but do you guys have any opinion on the b8 pro's?
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:37:16 PM »

I cant comment on them because I've never played them. Pasha might have tho (he's got so many cymbals that one of them must be a B8 pro Tongue)

But this is the point I'm trying to make, our opinions mean nothing if you (don't) like them.
Its not like drums where we can say if the tone is warm, or the hardware stands up to bashing. Cymbals come in so many different sounds, we cant advise you on much. Even 2 cymbals of the same make and type might sound different, so it can also depend on what you find at the shop.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 03:17:56 PM »

No I dont use the B8pro's... - Personally I dont like them... sorry.

Again this is my Personal opinion, and you may just like the sound of the B8pro line, so just go on and try them! Wink
coke_can

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 08:32:39 PM »

well i was just wondering suggestions to some cheap good cymbals so that when i go to the store i can try those out and see which ones i like. 
vista1868

vista1868

www.myspace.com/rowedda

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 10:54:03 AM »

Maybe we should start a revolution. Let's all go to our local stores and demand that they give us a better selection. (High hopes heh?) 1 or 2 selections just don't cut it. Even if you can"t afford the higher priced ones at the time, it will give you something to work towards.
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

well i was just wondering suggestions to some cheap good cymbals so that when i go to the store i can try those out and see which ones i like. 
Cheap cymbals can be good cymbals. When a cymbal gets cheaper, it mainly loses its consistency, so not all of them will sound good, but you might find one or 2 that will sound real hot.

Stagg do cymbals. Their cheap. But i have heard some really nice cymbals from them. I have also heard horrible cymbals, but its just the luck of the draw.

The cymbals i know best are zildjian, and I quite like them. They have some cheapish box sets. ZXT's, ZBT's are their low range. Give them a go.

Maybe we should start a revolution. Let's all go to our local stores and demand that they give us a better selection. (High hopes heh?) 1 or 2 selections just don't cut it. Even if you can"t afford the higher priced ones at the time, it will give you something to work towards.
I second that, altho i have 2 shops near me that have a good range, so i cant really complain.

There is another solution....try your mate's set 
coke_can

View Forum Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »

what if i got aax stage hi hats (14) , 2 aaxplosion crashes (16, & 18) and 20 inch aax ride for $499 is that a good deal, and should i buy them? im a little bit past the sheet bronze stage,i dont wanna save up and buy those then 2 months later not have any money and a crappy set
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 06:28:11 PM »

ahh, sorry, i wasnt sure about your budget.

I honestly couldn't tell you. But if i ever want to see if anything's a good deal, i search for it on eBay on the auction section. If anybody is going to pay for anything, they aren't gonna pay more than it is on the shops. I've done a couple of searches so you get the idea...

14"aax hihats
Good price? You might wanna wait a day till the auction ends.

16" aaxplosion crash again...wait a bit

If your still not sure...look at some other shops to get a better comparison.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 11:02:22 PM »

Personally I just search the net for best price of the item... - that gives me a pretty good clue of the price ranges...

Hope that helps.
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 06:56:36 AM »

Personally I just search the net for best price of the item... - that gives me a pretty good clue of the price ranges...

Hope that helps.
What, on price comparison sites? Or just searching yourself?
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

No I search Google, and I search for item price - that gives me a ton of results...
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »

oh, cool. I'll try that, thanks  Wink
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: