Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Your opinions are NEEDED Please! - Drum Solo Artist

August 03, 2020, 01:47:01 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Your opinions are NEEDED Please!  (Read 9989 times)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« on: September 03, 2006, 02:54:18 PM »

What do you think of this:

Please dont just say good/bad explain your opinion in detail...

So give it your toughest critics!

Link has been removed
gmbydmit

gmbydmit

he who dies with the most percussion toys - wins!

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 09:24:15 AM »

I enjoyed both tunes immensly! (wish I had spell check)  I would love to get the mp3's of them for my portable! Smiley

You wouldn't have put those songs on here if you didn't think/know that they were pretty darn good!
(and I don't mean that comment in a derogatory way at all) I'm just saying...'you Know they are good!'
and you probably need some top-notch pro critique (which you won't get from me) Grin

I particularly liked the panning on the fills. You multitrack this yourself? Toms sound great! What drums were used on these tracks?

great tunes dude!
 Smiley

DW Acoustics, Roland TD-20 & SPD-S, etc,etc
:-)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »

Not really, I mean the "Pro" critic would help too, but I am planning to send the complete record to Modern Drummer, etc for that, and here at the Drummers Forum I am more interested in personal opinions, like does it sound European or American or whatever else, what do you think is the most suitable style of music to add those tracks to and what "other bands" does it sound like, or maybe the drumming style or technique on those tracks remind you of some famous drummer? And from 1 to 100 how would you rate the music, and the drumming...

I will ask the rest of the band if I can send you the tracks...

And I was recording in my basement practice studio:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/cgi-bin/DSAalbum.cgi?cmd=show_thumbs&path=Hyper_Dance_Drum_Recording_Sessions_2006&tn=1

PS:
You wouldn't have put those songs on here if you didn't think/know that they were pretty darn good!

I really dont know that! seriously! I mean I like what I did, but an artist can never be sure of the public opinion on his/her work, and the opinion matters BIG TIME!!!

PPS: A little more about the drum sound:

Believe it or not but there is no EQ's of any kind or FX on most of the drums including the toms - what you hear is the clean live sound of the drum kit!

We did use compressors on all drums before it went to "tape" and thats about it, only the kicks and the snare that I am playing with my feet have preliminary FX that will most likely be changed at the final mix-down stage, everything else is completely dry.
DoZa
Global Moderator

DoZa

THE Ultimate Drumming Machine

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »

Finaly I can figured out myself what melodical drumming is Shocked. Thank you for sharing with us!
It sounds very European to me, very girly ( Lips sealed sorry...) and powerfull at the same time.
It's great! I cannot think about any drummer who plays anything similar... maybe I am just not enough literate  Roll Eyes
 From 1 to 100 - you and your guys get 85.

gmbydmit

gmbydmit

he who dies with the most percussion toys - wins!

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 05:11:01 PM »

your pics are cool! - I thought so, and I was going to say: some of the fills sounded like on roto toms.
and voila~
you've got them.

the first tune: Real Lust: in regards to the music, the first thought that came to mind: Irish Folk Music

the 2nd: XO: dance music

American / European - i'm not qualified to make that determination.

it sounds good to me. So, if you were weightless at the ISS when you recorded it, so be it.

the drumming: 1-100....veryt solid (IMO) 85+
 Smiley

DW Acoustics, Roland TD-20 & SPD-S, etc,etc
:-)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:25:58 AM »

Ok i want to thank everyone who took the time to share his/her opinion, I wll remove the link now, but the samples will still be available at the Multimedia section...

Thanks again.
DoZa
Global Moderator

DoZa

THE Ultimate Drumming Machine

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

http://www.drumsoloartist.com/pasha/audio.html

i think you should not hide it from us, dude!  Angry
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 03:41:25 PM »

i heard the track when you had it up, but thort i would leave it a bit till i say anything.

Yes, european style very much. I would say a sort of mixture between german and irish music (german beat, with the irish folk violin).

I cant say i liked the tune. But then again, i dont like irish or german folk music. But my jaw drops when i think about how you play that. Your a drummer i would love just to watch so i could get my head around your playing. Incredible.

Theres nothing specific i dont like about the song, i guess its something to do with the style that the melody is in.

Drumming - 96/100

Song - 20/100

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »

Thank you very much, and my next plan: we will complete the recording (Solo Violin is missing on all tracks) than I will record a VIDEO so that everybody will be able to see it in action... Wink
Bass_Drum

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 09:59:28 AM »

Awsome drums...just aw...awso..as-o.....im speechless Shocked

Check out my webstie!!

www.myspace.com/attickid
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: