Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Creative Process - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 02:11:46 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Creative Process  (Read 5922 times)
Maxinator

Seras Victoria

View Forum Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2006, 06:34:49 PM »

Hey whats up everyone, I'm new to the forums, but I like it so far.  Anyway a topic I was wondering about, for those of you in bands, was what the creative process is like, especially from the drummer's point of view.  I drum in a hardcore band right now, and for me the best thing is to hear a guitar riff from one of my guitarists, then basically have them do it on repeat for me to jam over and find an appropriate drum part to play.  As far as the bigger picture is concerned (the whole song, as apposed to individual parts), I like to have an active role in organizing the songs.  I'm no guitarist, so obviously they write the actual riffs, but I feel I have a good sense of organization, and how the song should progress and feel with time, which perhaps makes good sense, being the drummers we should help carry songs cohesively from beginning to end.  So anyway how do you guys like the creative process?  Any tips for maximum efficiency?  Thanks!  

Also, check out my video online.  It's a joke drum instruction movie, basically me just messing around in front of the camera for a few minutes.

http://www.chesthair.net/videos.html

Bigger, stronger, better, faster.... beats
Bass_Drum

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »

Hey welcome to the forums! Smiley The more the merrier!!! Lol anyways nice drumming i love your beats you got good time and keep it up!!  Lol im not as good as you or as old lol but your a real friendly guy! Grin I like that! Youll do well in this forum.

Check out my webstie!!

www.myspace.com/attickid
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 06:43:17 AM »

Hey man, loved the vid! You can rock pretty good there!

I'm not in a band, but ive worked with a couple before. If i have anything to do with making a song, i usually dont think about the drums much at all untill we start playing things. When we'r sitting down and writing, i am like you and i give ideas on how the structure of the song works, and the dynamics of it.
I can put drums to anything, so i like to leave that as a last addition, and then twist the song a bit around them later.
Sometimes i think i should take up a bit of guitar. Only cos i have some great ideas of songs and riffs in my head, but i can never get those ideas over to anouther guitarist.

Anyway, hope that helps. If you want any more advice, Pasha should be on soon, and if he isnt busy, im sure he'll be happy to give some tips.
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 12:54:21 AM »

I let music control my emotions. If that makes sense. so for a lot of what i do in creating is i hear something and what i feel is put into it basied on what i know to play. i wish i was in a band so i could do more. but most other musicans i play with is my brother. but sense he lives in KY and he is the only person that plays guitar that i know. i don't get to do that much.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: