Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

have you ever notice.... - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 02:22:35 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: have you ever notice....  (Read 5200 times)
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:46:41 PM »

MAYBE because you play drums or or any the thing musical your taste in music is different that others around you?

like for me, i have group of friends some tell me they like what ever is on mtv or the radeo. they believe that great music well make it on the radeo or Mtv.
I have some friends that like underground music (aka punk stuff like that). they believe that is the only music.
I have some friends that like only rock/metal or they like what ever sounds rock--ish.

I realized that I am more open to ideas of what music is. when i look around at my friends i realize they don't play a musical instrument.

am not saying that people who do not play are not good at finding music, i just something happening around me and wanted to talk about it.
gmbydmit

gmbydmit

he who dies with the most percussion toys - wins!

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »

Well, ya know, not everyone can be as cool as drummers and have good taste in music. People who don't play an instrument are usually our audience. I think i'd rather play for non-musicians than musicians (usually) because they would probably be less critical.... Smiley

you know i keep finding good (and sometimes even great) music out there, all the time, i'm amazed at what you can find (just on the internet) if you go looking for it.

check out acid planet.com.....some of the stuff there is unreal.

dude, keep trying to convert the non-believers one un-musical person at a time.

Cheesy
Tim

DW Acoustics, Roland TD-20 & SPD-S, etc,etc
:-)
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:59:36 AM »

Yes. Usually people who play instuments are more open minded about music. Its probably something to do with appriciating it more because you can understand how its played. There are countless songs that i only listen to because i like the drum part. Hence alot of drummers like Blink 182, and guitarists like Eric Clapton.

But then again, there are exeptions. Ive met some people that are very closed minded (they were guitarists of course) and they will only listen to one band, and call all other music crap.

And then you get the people who cant like any other music unless its constantly played, talked and liked by everyone around them (the people who are only intrested in the charts and songs go in and out of them like a fashion).

But then some people just dont like much music, and will only have one or 2 songs that they like.

So, if everyone played a musical instrument, Apple would have to build 50Gig Ipods. More musicians, more music, more open minded people.

Nice topic  Wink
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: