Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Meat-filled shells, anyone? - Drum Solo Artist

April 13, 2021, 03:42:45 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Meat-filled shells, anyone?  (Read 6602 times)
djTrocaR

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: May 31, 2006, 05:56:50 PM »

Hi folks, I'm new to the forum here, and my name is Chris. †There is something that is driving me NUTS!! †Does anyone remember an article for a company -- I think it was in Modern Drummer -- and the company offered drums with acrylic shells filled with a variety of "things" -- one of which was/is raw meat. †I cannot remember the name of the company -- or find any info online -- but I had planned on buying one of the raw steak-filled drums when I had a few extra dollars. †If anyone can remember the name of this company and/or contact info -- please reply to the post. †Thanks a lot!
 Cry
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:37:43 AM »

This is something i would like to see!
Ive looked, but found nothing. I have however contacted the owner of Vistalites.com, to see if he had any information on anything like that. I'll post back as soon as i get a reply.
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 01:25:19 PM »

Nope, sorry. He hadent seen anything like that. As its now not only in my interest, but in the vistalites.com owner is of course curious, ill give the drum magazine a mail asking them.
djTrocaR

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »

Grin Hey Pal,

Thanks for getting on board with this one. †I'll tell ya, somehow the name "Zephyr Drums" stands out in my mind -- I'm not sure why -- but I GOOGLE'd for it and had no luck. †Please let me know if you hear anything from the folks @ MD!

Thanks,
 TrocaR
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:11:01 PM »

Ahh! doesnt seem good. This is the reply:

Tom,
I asked the editor in charge of product review about this and I got this answer back;

I remember this, but I donít remember whether it was an ad, a N&N item, or a trade-show report (NAMM or Frankfurt).

Unfortunately we donít do an individual index of the drums from the NAMM show (or Frankfurt either). I did a search in our index and came up with nothing. Sorry.

Thank you,
Sue Hurring
editorial assistant

Ive done a couple of google searches from that email, but still not found anything. You can have a go at it, and please, if you find anything, tell us!

Thanks, and sorry Cry
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: