Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

More life needed - Drum Solo Artist

July 18, 2018, 06:02:35 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1] 2
 Print 
Author Topic: More life needed  (Read 62993 times)
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:54:05 PM »

I'm looking for help here. I need ideas. This is a good forum, but it would be nice if there was more traffic (people) going through it. More members logging on more often, and posting interesting stuff.

It would be good to have some members that want to stay here. Some people dedicated enough in giving the forum more life. At the moment, there is mainly members who sign up, post a question, get an answer and never come back.

So, has anybody got suggestions on how to help with this?

Many thanks,

Tom
armydrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 06:12:05 PM »

Heya,

yes i agree that there isent alot of traffic going through these forums.  I actually came across this site by chance.  Is there anyway this site could be advertised on music sites or anything?

I come from the land down under
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 12:35:01 PM »

Thats a good point. I'll talk with Pasha about getting some connections about.

Cheers
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 12:36:24 AM »

I hear that, and just like any other normal site Administrator - I WOULD LOVE to have more traffic on Drum Solo Artist... By the way, the traffic for DrumSoloArtist.com IS rising ( currently we do have the average of 870 people a day).

Lets talk about advertisement:

1) How do you see the advertisement it self? - should it be an image based or a text?
2) What should the add say? - give me an examples...

3) What in your opinion differentiate DrumSoloArtist.com from other Drum Related web sites and why do people have to come to drumsoloartist.com instead of all the other competitive websites?

4) Who exactly should be the advertising target?

5) Where - (on what web sites) do you think our advertising will have more result?

6) Lets take it step by step, what do you think should be the desired result (of this particular advertising campaign) - how much traffic do we want to have after a successful advertising campaign.

7) What do you think should be the advertising budget to get the needed result?
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 07:46:45 AM »

ooo, proper advertising? Yea, thats definetly something cool to work on.

1) Most internet ads are animated or moving, so a moving gif image would be a lot more eye catching than just an image. I have very limited skills on Macromedia Flash (the program that would create the adverts), but im willing to give it a try. If I cant do it, i know plenty of people who can make one.
2) I think the phrase you have on the top of the site "Made by Drummers for Drummers" is good. Also, it might be worth making up a logo.

3) Well, it has Pasha Grin It also has a Drum Wiki (do many drum sites have them?) And dont forget that it is focusing on the Polyrhythmic technique.

4) hmm....we can cover all Kit drummers of all ages cant we?

5) Any Drum/Music site should be effective.

6) At this stage, i would be happy with some permanant members in the forum, but we can aim for higher if you want.

7) I have no knowledge on how much advertising costs, so i cant help there.

My first idea was getting some friendly links with other sites. Most sites are happy to include a link to here on their site, if you host a link to their site in return. There you have free advertising striaght away. Also, if you stay on good terms with owners of other sites, they will be happy to advise this site to people seeking help.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 12:53:31 PM »

Link exchanges are always a good idea (considering the site that one links to is not banned from Google, and has a page rank more than 0).
http://www.123promotion.co.uk/tools/googlebanned.php
http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php

I have link exchange program setup at DrumSoloArtist.com it is an automatic program that has 2 step operation - very easy!

Step 1 - "site owner" creates a link to DrumSoloArtist.com from his site.

Step 2 "site owner" fills the form at http://www.drumsoloartist.com/Site/exchange_links.html

thats it, the link from DrumSoloArtist.com to the corresponding site is automatically created.
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

I have link exchange program setup at DrumSoloArtist.com it is an automatic program that has 2 step operation - very easy!

Step 1 - "site owner" creates a link to DrumSoloArtist.com from his site.

Step 2 "site owner" fills the form at http://www.drumsoloartist.com/Site/exchange_links.html

thats it, the link from DrumSoloArtist.com to the corresponding site is automatically created.

Thats real cool!  Cheesy

That should help the situation a bit!

Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:50:07 AM »

Well an EXCELLENT way to get more advertisment is to be sponsered by Google. Onlinedrummer.com did it, and thats the best drum forum on the net (no offense to you guys.) just a thought.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 01:50:05 AM »

What do you mean by "sponsered by Google"??
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »

Well an EXCELLENT way to get more advertisment is to be sponsered by Google. Onlinedrummer.com did it, and thats the best drum forum on the net (no offense to you guys.) just a thought.
Isn't that when you are featured in the little "sponsored ads" boxes that appear on a lot of sites, and are automatically related to what the person is looking at?

Could be quite an idea. Costs something though, doesn't it?
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 08:11:08 PM »

Okay if you search something on Google, there are links on the very right of the page, those are sites sponsored by google. If you search online Drummer its gonna be in a green box saying that its sponsored by google, and people will say "oooooh its sponsored by google, it must be good!''

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »

I got it... Let me investigate some more, as I am running advertisements on Google already...
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:36 PM »

Man my two of my ideas youre going through with! I rule! aha just kidding Grin

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 04:13:33 AM »

Yep, well... I am always up for good ideas!!! Wink
dan

Dan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 01:44:07 AM »

About your advertising, i'd be more than happy to put a banner or add on my website.

My website would be a great place to advertise your website as it has LoTS of visitors daily. Let me know if you want me to put a banner or something on my website.

Thanks

DAN
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 06:38:25 AM »

About your advertising, i'd be more than happy to put a banner or add on my website.

My website would be a great place to advertise your website as it has LoTS of visitors daily. Let me know if you want me to put a banner or something on my website.

Thanks

DAN

:-? ...How many hits do you get a day on that? And what exactly does your website do?
You can put a link on your site if you like.

Link Exchange Request
dan

Dan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 03:13:11 AM »

i probably axadurated that a bit, but its just a website where i put all of my stuff, take a look if you want. http://www.daniel-909.piczo.com/
And i'll put a link on it.

Dan

PS: im probably a bit younger that you'd expect
dan

Dan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 03:14:04 AM »

sorry i double posted i don't know how to edit posts on the new forum SORRY!

Dan
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »

heh, modify button, top right side of your posts  Smiley

Okay if you search something on Google, there are links on the very right of the page, those are sites sponsored by google. If you search online Drummer its gonna be in a green box saying that its sponsored by google, and people will say "oooooh its sponsored by google, it must be good!''

Well, would ya have a look at this on myspace:

So that comes up for anyone with a Myspace profile that has anything to do with drums in it. Thats gonna be seen by a hell of a lot of people!

Wink cool
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »

Yep, - dont tell me you thought I am sleeping here and not doing MY part Grin
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 07:52:15 PM »

Not bad

dan

Dan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 12:55:55 AM »

oh ok then,
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »

Just a quick update here...
In the next 6 month, I am planning to concentrate all of my resources to the promotion of www.drumsoloartist.com, we already have a big increase in traffic compared to the same time last year (over 105% increase) and it continues to grow - currently we have an increase of around 200% judging by the last 3 month alone ( http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=drumsoloartist.com ), and I am planning to broaden (increase) the traffic for www.drumsoloartist.com in the next 2, or 3 or 4 month. Note I already started working, but the results will probably be seen after 2, or 3 or 4 month.

I am also planning to spend up to 5 times bigger budget for advertising this year than before.

My plan is to achieve traffic of six to ten thousand visits daily to www.drumsoloartist.com and this Drum Forum by the end of April 2008.

Just wanted you to know
PASHA
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

Very cool! 105%! Wow. What we need is more people that will make it past the newbie level and stay longer than a month.

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 11:57:35 PM »

What we need is more people that will make it past the newbie level and stay longer than a month.

That is so true! - I think (and hope) that we will see drummers starting to return to www.drumsoloartist.com in a couple (maybe 3) month from now... Wink

PS: I will un-sticky this post because I have already started working on this matter.
Pages: [1] 2
 Print 

Jump to: