Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

I have no idea?Hi btw - Drum Solo Artist

April 20, 2021, 08:53:41 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: I have no idea?Hi btw  (Read 7848 times)
Inthisriver

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: May 09, 2006, 04:38:09 PM »

Hey my name is Gihun kim and i joined your forum cause i'm interested in playing drums, i've just had the occasional go at them but i can see myself playing them in the future, i'm also a guitar player by the way but my main question is I have around 700 or $1000 to spend on a kit, what should I buy?
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 04:59:49 PM »

700 quid?!....well, take your pick!....thier are hundreds of decent kits for that much!

For advice on kits look at these:
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1123007527
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/Site/wiki/doku.php/drum_techniuqes/basic/choosing_a_drumset

EDIT: Hiya
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 08:13:01 PM »

In my opinion the drums them selves (not the cymbals) dont really have that much of a difference in sound, so what i would do is get a 3 or 4 hundred $ kit and spend the rest on good quality cymbals because u can tell the difference in two cymbals more than in 2 kits.

My kit is a westbury starter kit (wich was the cheapest one in the store), so i bought some really good cymbals and my kit is more the 1000$ now and it sounds pretty good, but thats just my opinion.

-Robbie

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 06:02:54 PM »

In my opinion the drums them selves (not the cymbals) dont really have that much of a difference in sound, so what i would do is get a 3 or 4 hundred $ kit and spend the rest on good quality cymbals because u can tell the difference in two cymbals more than in 2 kits.

My kit is a westbury starter kit (wich was the cheapest one in the store), so i bought some really good cymbals and my kit is more the 1000$ now and it sounds pretty good, but thats just my opinion.

-Robbie

if it sounds good to you, fine, thats all you need. But the more you play drums and play/listen to other kits, the more your ears hear the small differences.
I often dont understand what people say when they show me the differences between 2 drums, because to me they sound exactly the same.

My guitarist didn't understand why i used to have 'O' rings on my drums, because he couldnt hear the difference they made (silly, silly man Tongue).

Im pleased to say that i can tell the difference between a starter kit and a better made drum. But saying that, it could be down to the heads. Ive never seen/heard good quality heads on a cheap kit!
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 11:46:11 PM »

LMAO he couldnt hear the difference?!? Tongue wow thats funny! Oh and i have those but I thought they were called 'E' rings... well the brand of them is evans so maybe thats the reason.

-Robbie

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 09:43:22 AM »

LMAO he couldnt hear the difference?!? Tongue wow thats funny! Oh and i have those but I thought they were called 'E' rings... well the brand of them is evans so maybe thats the reason.

-Robbie

Yea, the general name for them is O-rings (because of the blatent "O" shape to them), but Evans decided to call them E-rings (Evans-Rings) in an effort to make it look like Evans invented them, and to confuse people.

Very few people refer to them as E-rings. They dont exactly look like a "E".
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: