Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

sound control? - Drum Solo Artist

April 13, 2021, 02:41:31 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: sound control?  (Read 6628 times)
aar3546

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:24:24 PM »

I am just starting to play drums, and I have recently ordered some Pearl Exports. I will be setting the drums up in a room right next to the kitchen and nearby the family room and i need something that will control the sound. From what I have heard so far drum mutes suck but is there anything else that will lower the overall sound of the drums? As you can see I'm new at all this so I would appreciate all the help i can get.

thanks
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 04:46:02 PM »

hehe, sound. Thats the one anoying thing that usualy comes in huge quantities as standerd when you buy a set of drums.

Other than practice pads or drumming lightly, thier isnt any other (cheap) ways.

I agree, i hate practice pads, and hardly ever play with them. The only pad im using at the moment is my bass drum pad and thats to practice my double bass rudiments later at night when the neighbours wont mind.

*Sudden Idea* You could get lots of old bed mattreses and lean them on the walls all the way around the room, but depending on how old the beds are, it might smell.

Other than buying a $5000 Roland electric kit, no other way.
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 09:06:11 PM »

Actually there is another way: Try buying some things that are like drum sticks but when you play witht hem they are about half as quiet as drum sticks. They are called Rods. Incase you cant find anything that sais rods just look for sticks with a black handle with a punch of tiny sticks out the end of it with a black ring holding it together. They are more expensive than drum sticks but they're not too expensive, I got mine for 25 bucks.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:56:53 AM »

A little more info about specialty sticks like Drum Brushes, Rods and Mallets - Rods are shown on the 8ht picture from the top.

Enjoy!
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 01:46:46 PM »

Actually there is another way: Try buying some things that are like drum sticks but when you play witht hem they are about half as quiet as drum sticks. They are called Rods. Incase you cant find anything that sais rods just look for sticks with a black handle with a punch of tiny sticks out the end of it with a black ring holding it together. They are more expensive than drum sticks but they're not too expensive, I got mine for 25 bucks.

Very good point! didnt even think about the sticks...

ive just rememberd, ive got a pair of Flix rock brushes that i havnt played with in a while...i should get them out again.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: