Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Drum Solo - "The New One" - Drum Solo Artist

June 27, 2017, 10:03:24 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Drum Solo - "The New One"  (Read 3406 times)
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »

Hi,

Drum Solo Artist has just put up another of my drum solos.  I appreciate it.  It's titled "The New One".  It is an audio, and I can't put up the video of it because it's over the mb limit.

[OK!  Suddenly the Youtube videos wouldn't play anymore, so I deleted them.  This solo is in the audio drum solos if you want to listen to it.  If you want to watch it in the mean time (before I can get the Youtbue back) you go to this Youtube site and watch it directly]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eV3Kxj5CWQ

Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 09:09:44 PM »

I enjoyed that, thanks for sharing. I would have bought you a beer had I been in the audience.

There are some really cool segments in here, you could use this as the basis for a really sick rehearsed "signature" solo.

You were obviously having fun, and at the end of the day that's the most important part of drumming. Nothing gets creativity flowing like playing for the fun of it, and sometimes the best chops are discovered by letting the drums play you.

Keep playing it, and keep enjoying it!
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »

Hi,  Thanks.  I was just having fun but still being serious to make sure it came out ok.  I'm glad you liked it.
Reno
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Reno

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »

the more I listen to this the more I love it. You have serious skills.
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 05:58:03 PM »

Thank you!  I just did another one that I'm putting up.  I hopd you like it .  It's different.  I just improvise these things.

This one I had decided to start out with some African stuff that I got from Art Blakey and just went with whatever happened.  Later I slipped in to a 5/4 African thing (Joe Morello inspired) and then back to the African stuff (sort of a return) and finally into my poor Buddy Rich inspired stuff. 

Off course I know I can't play anything as well as those great drummers, but I have fun messing with it.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: