Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Exodus Brings A Bronze New Beat To The Drum Industry - Drum Solo Artist

October 15, 2019, 09:20:04 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Exodus Brings A Bronze New Beat To The Drum Industry  (Read 3983 times)
drummer41

View Forum Profile
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

http://www.drummercafe.com/music-industry/drum-news/exodus-cymbals-brings-new-bronze-beat-to-the-drum-industry.html

I  thought this news  would be of interest to the cymbal forum.  It dicsusses a company called  Exodus Cymbals,  and while they are not known  in the industry here, they have a very strong  position  in Latin America.

Additionally, the company's recipe for cymbals, the proportion of Bronze 25 and  copper is  unique.

Would you agree?
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »

Interesting, and Bart Elliot's peice did a good overview.  I would venture to say that North American professional drummers are reluctant to switch to new cymbal brands unless the cymbal have some absolutely compelling sounds or price points.

I have absolutely no doubt that this company makes some excellent instruments or that they are a fine company that will stand behind their products.  So my question is how do they sound in comparison to what I already have?  I always select cymbals after playing them, and often testing them with other cymbals on a drum set.  So, unless there are many to choose from at a drum shop or I was able to visit the factory to select some......I know that I would be relunctant to make a change.

In the very, very special cymbal market nitche......you have to have a really good reason to convince drummers to make a change. 

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: