Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Booty Shakers - Drum Solo Artist

June 22, 2018, 06:59:05 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Booty Shakers  (Read 4831 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: October 04, 2012, 11:22:59 PM »

Seems like that are always some new products at drum shows and I really enjoy checking them out.  Sometimes accessories have proven very useful to me. Products such as the Kick Port, the Vater Slick Nut Quick-Release Cymbal Fastener, R.I.M.S. mounts, and lug locks are things that totally impressed me in the previous years and there is another list of things that didn’t impress me..

At the 2012 Nashville Drum show, I met a gentlemen named Rich Wiley.  His company is TNR Products and he has a product called the “Booty Shaker”.  Cutting to the chase, Booty Shakers are designed to enhance the tone of your floor tom.  The premise is that your floor tom looses some of that “big sound” potential because some of energy is “lost” to legs sitting on the floor.

Okay, sounds like another drummer gimmick doesn’t it?  That was my first impression but I soon changed my mind when I put the product to my own test. 

Now the exhibition hall was on a concrete floor so the floor toms they had at the Booty Shaker display sounded pretty powerful “as is”.  But, then I put the Booty Shakers on the legs of same drum and guess what?.......Instantly the sound was bigger and that huge tone kicked in.  I think my jaw dropped, as well as the jaws of the drummers standing around watching me and listening to the “proof”.  I was sold and I am gladly using this product now.

Here is their website:  http://www.tnrproducts.com/site/

There is a video link too, but you do need to wear good quality headphones to actually hear the tone enhancement.  Although the video is really good, the live test with your own drum makes a difference that is truly amazing.

It is totally worth it to check this out guys.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:12 AM »

Just curious to know if anyone has tried this product.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
oneolddrummer

oneolddrummer

Cancer Sucks!

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32:55 PM »

I went to the site and saw video of people talking about it, but no demos.  Not sure that I would want them, possible I suppose.  the rubber feet on my floor toms are pretty big and isolate well as is, plus my small floor tom is 16x16, the other is 20x20!  Not sure I want them sounding "bigger!"  LOL!  I am sort of curious about the small ones for the snare.  I may be adding a 4x14 Max Roach snare, could be interesting.
Tom

Cancer Sucks!
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

The company does make a product for snare drums and/or rack tom topms mounted via snare stand. 

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: