Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

How I play drum solos. - Drum Solo Artist

November 21, 2019, 05:25:12 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: How I play drum solos.  (Read 5815 times)
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »

Hi,

What first attracted me to DrumSoloArtist was the "drum solo" part.  I came to the site expecting to find everything about drums solos and hear and watch drums solos.  I love drum solos.

I found that besides having just drum solos, there was a vast wealth of information about drums and drumming on almost every topic you can think of.  Besides that, anyone can upload drums solos and music (connected to drumming usually).  That is absolutely cool!

Here you can learn about drummers you never even knew existed.  You can learn about equipment, techniques, books, and many funny and wierd things too.  It's great.

I appreciate and have enjoyed reading and learning many things from the many posts by  PASHA, Ken Sanders, Jonathan, Tomm, Gunnar Waage, Smelly-granny, Little-drummer-boy, and many others.  I look forward to reading many more posts by all the drummers who come to DSA.

I am making this post because I would like to explain how I play drums solos and what I do in order to make them happen.  So, I'll be putting that on a blog.  Anyone who has any interest in this topic can check in the drum blogs section. 
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:54:37 PM »

Cool Don.  I enjoyed blog number one and I can identify with just about all of the circumstances you described. 

One thing that I'll mention as a sidebar to what you are going to continue blogging about. is that TODAY, drummers have a wealth of video footage available of the drumming greats.  There is good stuff free, here on DSA and of course, good stuff on Youtube.

I look forward to your next blog about soloing.   

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »

Thanks Ken.  I will try to write something that is hopefully useful to drummers who want to play drum solos.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »

Don, I just wanted you to know that I am reading your blogs (#5, at this point) and really enjoying your comments.

In #5, you emphasized practice, and I certainly agree that can never be said too much.  I don't know any successful professional who isn't always working on something.

Well, keep those blogs flowing.   I gotta go practice.   Wink

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: