Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Happy holidays - Drum Solo Artist

December 16, 2018, 10:50:56 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Happy holidays  (Read 6959 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »

I am wishing the all Drum Solo Artist Website readers and members, regardless of your own personal persuations, a wonderful 2011 winter holiday season.......and the sincerest hopes that you enjoy a happy and prosperous year in 2012.

Smiley

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 11:42:22 PM »

Merry Christmas and Have a great New Year to everyone!  This next year I'm going to try do do better in my drumming and other stuff too.  I'm going to try to upgrade my solo work which means a lot of practicing.  I hope everyone else can do whatever you want to and have a good time doing it.
Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »

Ken, congrats on being so politically correct, it is a fine quality to master.  Happy New Year to you and yours and to all of DSA contributors and readers.

I have been on a medical hiatus since last New Year's Eve....I had both of my knees replaced...well that's what they call it, actually I had the joints pried apart, resurfaced, artificial cartilage installed, everything sewn together tightly and have been rehabilitating the damage done ever since.

I have been back on my kit for a few months now, and being that I had to learn how to walk, stumble, side-step, walk backward and anything else we do with our legs and feet, I had to learn how to play my four pedals all over again.

I became disheartened for reasons that really elude me, but the results were that I decided to expand, so I built myself an 8 piece kit and I am having a ball learning how to play it at the same time now.  WHAT A HOOT.
Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

Hi Tomm,

That's an amazing!  You are a great example for people who need encouragement.  I'm glad to hear you decided to expand your set and are continuing to play.  People like you show what the human spirit can do.
Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:46:13 PM »

Thanks C, I'm humbled by your comment.  I have played off and on since I was 12 and I know I will never give it up.  Laying down good licks is a feeling of accomplishment that I have never found in anything else I have done, and I am so old I have accomplished a lot.  I mostly play to entertain myself, and occasionally gig on open stage nights, and rarely gig regularly with a band because it is just too time consuming.  But I will always be able to say that I'm a drummer because it's something I love to do.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »

Good to hear from both Don and Tomm and to know their Christmas holidays were happy ones.  Also, glad to hear that Tomm is getting behind a new kit with a new set of knees and a new attitude about his drumming.

Don, I am also going to make an enhanced committment to drumming, writing, and try to upgrade my recording gear this year.  ASPRIRE.   Grin

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: