Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Favorite instructional Drum DVD? - Drum Solo Artist

March 01, 2021, 08:42:15 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Favorite instructional Drum DVD?  (Read 10475 times)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:39:42 AM »

Just as topic says, - List your favorite Drum Dvd or video.

Thanks!
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:49:49 AM »

I realize that no one has shared their favorite instructional drum videos yet.  I'm not sure what that means.......maybe that no one has a DVD that proved useful to them?  Maybe a follow-up question would be is "Are there any Drum DVD's that you purchased and would recommend?."  Roll Eyes

I also wanted to ask if the DSA DRUM LIBRARY should have DVD/Video as an additional item from books? Shocked

I know that Don (Carthage) posted some items to the LIBRARY.  Maybe there should be a link with his post to the Library in case some readers don't know how to get to it.  Wink

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Sarnath

Sarnath

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 02:23:36 PM »

I would like to find something from Danny Cary of Tool.
I haven't searched much but that would be my Fav if i found one Smiley
Ani-mal

Ani-mal

Animal on the loose! film at 11:00

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »

I have several Instructional DVD's in my collection and I like them all for different reasons.

I have 2 from Mike Portnoy: Liquid Drum Theater and In Constant Motion both are excellent! I am looking to get his two latest DVD's as well

I also have a great one from Greg Bissonette, one from Billy Cobham, and Carter Beauford all three of these are great as well. The Greg Bissonette one is excellent and covers a great range of techniques that anyone can do with practice. Although he is quite a talented drummer and makes it look easier than it really is Cheesy

I am anxiously waiting for Mike Mangini to come out with a DVD!! I have some of his teaching materials and he is quite excellent. I saw his twice at clinics and of all the clinics I have attended, none have made me want to go home and burn my kit and give up more than his LOL Grin  Of course I am joking, his ability to play with all four limbs as independant entities is amazing and awe inspiring! You go home from his clinics pumped up and ready to move to Boston and study under him at Berkley.

If you haven't seen Mangini, do a search on you-tube. There are a few decent solo clips there that are just crazy!

Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:51:44 AM »

Hope I do not get the ax for this one but there is a site you list as a resource that has some great instructional material.  It is freedrumlessons.com.  The Bass Drum Secrets was mentioned earlier that is also by Jared Falk and his company Rail Road Media.

I have several of his products, I like the pace of instruction and the various views of play shown in the DVDs

He too has a forum but it does not have the external resources listed as your does.  Hope this is not a no no if so just delete.

Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: