Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

The flood in Nashville and the surrounding communities - Drum Solo Artist

April 16, 2021, 02:10:22 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: The flood in Nashville and the surrounding communities  (Read 7174 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »

I truly appreciate the PM's, the emails, and calls from all of you to check on my well-being after news of the horrible flooding.  I am fine and my house is okay.  We live on top on a pretty high hill in Nashville and the flood waters didn't reach us.  However, since the citizens here didn't blame the President; or shoot at police and rescue units; or go on a looting spree....we didn't get much media attention about the flooding.

But maybe that's just the way media views news. People helping their neighbors and silently doing whatever needs to be done isn't very juicy news.....or as Don Henley dubbed it...."Dirty Laundry". It is however, just the way people are in Nashville, Tennessee.

THIS IS THE WORST DIASTER in modern times for Nashville, and the losses are overwhelming. People have lost, homes, businesses, jobs, pets, and even loved ones.  Musicians here have lost homes, equipment and many performing venues are obviously out of operation for an unknown period of time.

It will take a long time to recover, but we are Nashville.

We are a self-realiant and strong-willed culture.....and we will re-build without the interference of self-serving political figures, and Hollywood do-gooders looking for National photo ops.

Here is some video for anyone interested. It is, for me at least, heart breaking to watch. It shows so many famous Nashville landmarks destroyed by the power of a flood.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pFjaQoOdJvI&amp;ap=%2526fmt%3D18&amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pFjaQoOdJvI&amp;ap=%2526fmt%3D18&amp;rel=0</a>

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »

I am so sorry! I feel your pain and frustration about ignorance. This is the first time I heard about it - reading your post.

KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »

The material losses are, of course, huge. And the deaths and destruction of homes is heart wrentching.

The real story, however, is that the people of this community are taking charge of their own circumstances and doing what needs to be done. The people here are proud and determined to rebuild their lives.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: