Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Advanced Double bass - Drum Solo Artist

April 13, 2021, 10:53:18 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Advanced Double bass  (Read 6223 times)
MRSMASH

ba-dom-dom tsshhhh

View Forum Profile
« on: March 13, 2006, 07:01:31 PM »

Ive got the solid pattern down as well as triplets, pickups and basic chops, but I'm having alot of trouble with the quick kick action and more advanced beats, can't seem to hit the rebound, I think it maybe be bacuse i switched my hammers awhile back and they are.. wierd (Four sided, 2 felt, 2 plastic) they seem kinda heavy.. if anyone knows any excercises, tips or the (top of the line) Pedals and hammers, lemme know. Thanks

"If you understand the brick, You understand the wall"-Terry bozzio
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 03:13:30 PM »

Rebound in pedals can change from a lot of things:

How tight your kick head is (Tighter head, more rebound)
Weight of beater (heavier beater, more rebound)
How much head dampening there is (less dampening, more rebound)
How tight the pedal springs are (Tighter spring, more rebound)
If your using a felt or solid beater (Felt beater has slightly less rebound, depending on the head)
Distance from beater to pedal pivot (Longer the distance, more the rebound)
Where on the head the beater is hitting (like any other drum, more rebound nearer the edge. But obviously, the beater shouldnt be anywhere near the edge...technically)
And in theory, the presence of a hole in the ressonant head. If there is a hole, it should reduce the amount of rebound (working on the basis that a drum (forgetting about the air vents in the shell) is like an air filled balloon)

So, there are many areas you can start ajusting before saying its the beaters. If i was you, i would also consider leaving it. Less rebound means you need to work your feet harder. Get fast with low rebound, and then tighten up. You should find you drumming very fast then.
MRSMASH

ba-dom-dom tsshhhh

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

Good point, my Rebound levels are all over the place lol maybe i should try for more balence instead of haveing really tight skins and no tention. Thanks

"If you understand the brick, You understand the wall"-Terry bozzio
iamanidiot32180

iamanidiot32180

KAEOLYN

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:23 AM »

for the more advanced beats, do them slowly first until you can get the beat itself, and then keep practicing it faster correctly and in a little while you will be able to do it as fast as you want, just get yourself accustomed to the pattern first.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: