Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Other musical instruments? - Drum Solo Artist

June 18, 2018, 10:47:47 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Other musical instruments?  (Read 3432 times)
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

I'd venture to say that almost all of the readers of this forum share a common interest in drums and drumming.  I'm curious however, to see if the drummer readers also play other instruments as well.

I play guitar, bass, and keyboards.  I fool around with harmonica too, but do not claim to be a proficient harmonica player.  However, I do write songs, sing lead and background vocals and do musical arrangements.  I also have a 24 track home studio set-up for demos.  That's pretty much a quick summary of my other musical activities.

How about you other folks?  What are your other musical interets and/or instruments?

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
makedrums

makedrums

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »

I pretty much just play the drums. I started to learn piano and guitar, but always wanted to play the drums instead of practicing those "other" instruments. Looking back I wish I had learned to read music better.

Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »

I also play guitar, bass, and keys.  I presently play a Fender 12 string and a  talent enhancing Yamaha keyboard to work on my compositions.  I have a harmonica, and a "how to for idiots" instruction book on it, but never prospered at that.  I enjoy what I do on the guitar and keys, limitations aside, but have never regretted choosing to be a drummer in their stead.
vista1868

vista1868

www.myspace.com/rowedda

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »

I as well play bass, keys, and guitar.....being proficient at none of the above. I can tinker and write but not as good as I should. But my big thing is playing other percussion instruments. I have bongos, congas and various other percussion. I hate the moniker "drummer", I prefer "percussionist".
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: