Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Help me Keep this Site Clean and Spam Free! - Drum Solo Artist

January 16, 2018, 04:58:48 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Help me Keep this Site Clean and Spam Free!  (Read 5125 times)
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:03:53 AM »

How to fight SPAM ?

More and more spammers are coming to this forum everyday, at this time, I have to remove at least one topic/post everyday!

How to fight that? How to make them stop coming and posting?

All suggestions are welcome!
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 03:18:17 PM »

There isnt anything you can do to stop it dead. Every forum has a problem with it.

New spammers are worst because they have compleatly new IP addresses, but repeating spammers can be caught quicker if you keep note of thier IP addresses, and check every member who registers. Then you can ban them before any real mess is made. In some forums you can have a "black list" which you can list the IP's that you dont want to sign up as members. Then the board will automaticaly stop the person from registering, but you need to check if you have this option on this forum.

It might be a good idea to set moderaters to cover to times when you arnt online, so they can clear things up quicker. Its best to get a few moderaters that are in different time zones, so you can get as much of the day covered as possible. Obviously, thier arnt many people on here that are online enough, and you can trust with the responsibilitys yet. You might want to wait a little while untill there are more members frequently online before you set those positions.

Thats really all you can do. Good luck.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: