Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

:( probs with headphone output - is MIDI out a possible way out? - Drum Solo Artist

October 22, 2018, 07:58:59 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: :( probs with headphone output - is MIDI out a possible way out?  (Read 4336 times)
primemover

primemover

View Forum Profile
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »

Hi all...

i have a dd-55 (yah.).  i'm a new drummer and have been (for the past few months) only been using this as well as a drum pad... making progress...

anyway, it works best (for my wife!) that i use head phones (and i'll add, it sounds better too!), but recently i have been getting some "break up" of the sound.  At first i thought it was the headphones (they're old!), but after getting a new set and trying the dd-55 with a couple of very old headsets in the house, i have determined that it is teh dd-55...

it is quite possible that ALL that POUNDING has resulted in a loose wire somewhere...

i wonder if the MIDI outpout could be converted to headphone use?

also, i wonder if i should attempt a surgery?

i'm a little "mechanicall" inclined, but... if i KILL the patient, i'm not sure i could survive!

any thoughts?

thanks...
Beatpsychic

Beatpsychic

There is always more to learn...

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 02:47:07 AM »

It's hard to pinpoint the problem without having the unit in my hands for testing. But It is more than likely a loose connection internally. Midi doesn't make sound, so no you can't convert midi to headphone audio...(midi sends computer "messages",...instructions basically) to tell software, or hardware what to do...

Your best bet is,... assuming there are some type of analog outputs on the back... purchase a small mixer like the behringer Xenyx 502, send the audio output from the drum pads to the mixer...and then plug headphones into the mixer... this also allows you to send the signal out of the mixer to a PA system, and still get a headphone mix...

hope this made some sense...
primemover

primemover

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:47:46 AM »

hey.... it made "some sense", but i did venture INTO the unit and found that one of the connections for the headphone output was "cracked"....

i took a stab at it (with my soldering iron - i'm NO expert!) and after a few attempts, i think i may have fixed it...

Smiley

note: had a great dream last eve.... the Mrs BOUGHT ME an electric drum set!  BOY did it sound great! 
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: