Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Working? - Drum Solo Artist

December 15, 2018, 01:19:00 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Working?  (Read 7278 times)
Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« on: January 29, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »

Things seem a bit quiet in here lately, everyone must be busy and that's a good thing. 

How about everyone do a little bit of bragging about your musical endeavors.

In short, I'm working on a couple of home based projects.  The first is getting my parts down for a tribute band, and finding a managing agent to get that all together.  And second, I am doing a little composing of all parts of some tunes that I have had on the sidelines for far too long.
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »

Compossing sounds fun, hope the effort goes well.

Carthage

Carthage

Practice

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »

Hi,

My band is the band in the picture.  We practice and we play.  One day soon the right person will see us, and we will suddenly have our "overnight success".  Until the day we get that overnight success we'll keep plugging away.  Persistence and the belief that we will succeed keep us going.  We do believe we are good and we are.   Does that count as bragging?

Don
Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:48:54 AM »

Thanks Johnathan, I am especially looking forward to how the percussion parts come out.  I fully expect to screw with time signatures and rhythms for my own entertainment, and fully utilize every instrument I own.
Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »

Honestly Don I look at it as being determined.  The more people that see you, the more chance of that right person seeing you will happen.  On the brighter side, all it takes is for someone to see you that knows the right person to be contacted.

Aye, so what...you know your good, that's not bragging.  Jeez, if you didn't know you were good, how could you convince anyone else of it.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »

I am working on producing and arranging material for a new CD that will be devoted to favorite old R & B tunes.  I will utimately add all of the vocals myself.  However, finding time to record when my guest players are available is the most difficult aspect.  It's a fun side project that folks having been pressing me to do, so I need to budget some time to get it finished.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »

In the end the effort will be worth the time you put into it.  I wish you well Smiley

Tomm

#2of 4 generations

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »

There's nothing easy about any good production Ken, as you surely have known for years.  So I believe you also know that this project is one that will be well worth the while and effort for you.  Good luck with it in all respects. 

I'm trying to begin something similar.  I have all the equipment, now all I have to do is get the time to practice, compose and create.
KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »

Thank you so much Johnathan and Tomm for the nice words of encouragement.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Goat-man

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »

I've been busy with non-musical endevors lately (School work, girlfriend, etc.) I want to get back to work with my stoner metal band in preparing for an upcoming battle of the bands. I also plan to start working with a close friend of mine on our experimental/comedy project.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: