Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Vibra bands - Drum Solo Artist

October 18, 2018, 12:36:05 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Vibra bands  (Read 6712 times)
Stickman

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: December 01, 2005, 10:05:22 PM »

I'm in the process of buying a new set of Ludwig Classic Birch series drums. I'm a little unsure regarding the tom mounts. I have an option to use vibra bands or the standard tom mounts. Any opinions? Pros and cons?
Diets

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 11:44:15 PM »

Well, I can't really say I could give you a scientific or even an experienced opinion on the two but analitical thinking brought me to believe that the least amount interference with the ability for the shell to viberate would cause less distortion of that viberation.  I apologize, this is only relavent if we are talking about the difference between suspended as apposed to affixed by means of a perforated shell.  I can say that I am a fan of Ludwig, own a Ludwig kit as well as a seventies era Ludwig tom and a sixties era snare with a P8 strainer. ( Hoping it's a Jazz Master ) Never ever heard a complaint from a Guitarist, only praise.

Cheers Diet's
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 11:30:36 AM »

I think it depends on the type of music you play (like a lot of things).

I dont really care, because i like my toms dampened down quite a bit.

But if i had the option of having suspended toms (i never have because my kit now is 6 years old with no mounts like that), i would take them. Only on the basis that it is easier to dampen drums rather than "undampen" an untouched drum. So if you decide to change your drums dramaticly, and want them "free", then you'll be glad you have the suspention mounts.
Diets

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 05:42:30 PM »

I agree, not only the type of music but the place as well. Big venue, small or even studios of various types will make a difference in volumes and even type of sticks used.  A few months ago we were rehearsing in a practice studio that some cat had build in the back of his house. ( cheap, only 10 bucks a head for 3 or 4 hours )
Anyway all 3 of his rooms had drum risers about 3' off the floor.  That put the drums at about shoulder level and the risers were always at the back of the rooms which also were small.  I was blowing them out of the room.  It was driving our lead guitarist crazy and we had to use all 3 rooms before we figured it out.  once we were all at the floor level it was all good but different rooms required ajustments.

Cheers Diet's
Stickman

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 12:49:58 AM »

I opted for the vibra-bands. It's a little bit of a hassle changing heads, but the sound quality is worth it. The toms fairly sing.
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: