Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Notes On My Solo: Sidewinder - Drum Solo Artist

September 20, 2018, 06:44:54 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Notes On My Solo: Sidewinder  (Read 6732 times)
Desert_Drummer
« on: July 30, 2007, 04:46:07 PM »

This solo is based on a couple of things. The opening groove is an adaptation of a West African groove called Doudoumba. The later cowbell based groove is an incorporation of 2 common 12/8 bell patterns, Bembe & Ga played over a double pedal ostinato and layered with ghost notes and some snare rimshots using the double pedal with my left foot split over the h-hat and left pedal.

The soloing was meant to give the ostinato some room but was still a challenge and it requires 4 way independence. Further, I had to lead with my left foot while playing most of my grooves and fills leading with my right hand. But after some practicing it all came together.

I hope you all enjoy it and thanks to everyone that voted for me!
stunderthorm
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:02:58 PM »

It does have a African feel to it and I love that. Really enjoyed listening to your solo and will again...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:24:13 PM »

I think that it is a GREAT idea that you have explained what really is going on in the track! - And I hope other users will jump in... Wink

PS: Great work!
Desert_Drummer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »

Thanks guys! If you'd like to hear more stuff go to www.myspace.com/carlossolorzano and there's some more recordings of mine to hear. Thanks again for your encouragement and support.
ErikTruelove

ErikTruelove

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:28:13 AM »

Seriously,
That Sidewinder is a thing of beauty. It's very infectious. When you bring back that doudoumba out of now where at the end blows me away. Sounds great
Erik
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: