Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

Modern Drummer - Drum Solo Artist

January 22, 2018, 09:02:20 PM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: Modern Drummer  (Read 13371 times)
Bass_Drum

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile WWW
« on: August 31, 2006, 05:57:30 PM »

Hey anyone here get the modern drummer magazine i do and its great i learn so much stuff!!!

Check out my webstie!!

www.myspace.com/attickid
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 04:14:18 PM »

No, but Guitar Center gave me two free issues and I really like them.
gmbydmit

gmbydmit

he who dies with the most percussion toys - wins!

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 08:52:57 AM »

I have subscriptions to MD,DRUM!,and now the new TRAPS!

for the cost, they are all great!

I love checking out all the new gear, along with a bunch of other great interviews and info!

also, my fav, their great give-aways! check it out

T

Wink

DW Acoustics, Roland TD-20 & SPD-S, etc,etc
:-)
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »

yea, i get Rhythm. You get free cd's with it with a tonne of stuff on. Realy usefull Wink
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 04:55:20 PM »

yea, i get Rhythm. You get free cd's with it with a tonne of stuff on. Realy usefull Wink

I want free cds...... Sad

but really are the cds drums only???
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 03:31:10 PM »

I want free cds...... Sad

but really are the cds drums only???

Each month you get a CD, and each CD has 2 play-along songs. Each song has a track with drums and a track with out drums. Then you get loadsa stuff touching coodination and patterns and fills etc...

very usefull
gmbydmit

gmbydmit

he who dies with the most percussion toys - wins!

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 11:52:05 PM »

I found a copy of Rythm while in Australia, ITS A VERY COOL MAG!

yeah, and free stuff (cd) is cool too!

I'm going to look on-line to find out if I can get a subscription to Rythm...

I thought it was a UK publication, isn't it?

DW Acoustics, Roland TD-20 & SPD-S, etc,etc
:-)
Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 02:07:48 PM »

yea, i think so...there might be a US/AUS version tho
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 12:31:02 AM »

i hope so, i need to look that up. *calls guitar center*----(  Grin  )
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:56 PM »

i gots a subscription to modern drummer. learn more every time i read it....except for when ive read it all and i know it word for word...

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
patafla
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 09:23:19 PM »

oh my subscription just ran out the other day Cry
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 10:56:39 PM »

oh my subscription just ran out the other day Cry

hey i feel ya that is like getting kicked.... hard.  Sad

RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 10:48:42 PM »

hey i got the new issue of modern drummer or the one with Brad Wilk on the cover. it has a great interview with him in it.  8-)
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 11:36:28 PM »

The only thing that I dont like about modern drummer is that on the cover, more often than not, theres a metal head on it.. I dont like metal. I like blues. Whats up with that. What about us metal dissers.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
patafla
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 08:35:24 AM »

The only thing that I dont like about modern drummer is that on the cover, more often than not, theres a metal head on it.. I dont like metal. I like blues. Whats up with that. What about us metal dissers.

I happen to think many progressive and metal drummers are some of the most creative drummers on the scene today. Whereas there really is no progress being made in blues drumming, it´s a pretty narrow field with the drummer in a pure timekeeping place most of the time. It would be taking progress back some 15 years covering blues drummers all the time.  :-/
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »

same with the country drummers, to me it is all about keeping time in country and blues. modern drummer talks about jazz drummers.
patafla
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »

yeah but at the same time it´s all valid, the thing is this; I have noticed that people generally diss a music genre that they feel threatened by. So instead of dissing it, your ego should say, I can do this!

Piece drummer boy

p.s. my arguement would be that MD should stop covering some drummers just becaurse they play in faymous bands. A drummer should have some serious chops to be worth mentioning in Modern Drummer.
RaginDrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »

good point! well made!

the thing about MD is they want the drummer that people like so "we the people" will buy. it should not be this way but that is the way they are going to keep their job.

if remember i said in a different form I got the new MD bacause of brad wilk. so yeah.... i helped MD be like this. sorry. Sad

EIDT: made second sentence make more sense.
patafla
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »

well yeah i suppose variety is best, drummers like Chris Whipper Layton where covered quite a bit some years back, I have a lot of those old MD´s and i think they actually sell the old mags for those interested. A lot of the time I pick up MD and get pissed off since i find nothing that interests me, so i understand little drummer boy. Modern Drummer costs money man, it should have the good stuff.

But dont worry, the blues and all the Texas shuffles arent going anywhere, and they will be back! you´ll see Wink

in the meantime check out Tower of Power with Carlos Santana on guitar and David Garibaldi back on drums http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/DavidGaribalditower2.html

Smelly_granny

View Forum Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »

well yeah i suppose variety is best, drummers like Chris Whipper Layton where covered quite a bit some years back, I have a lot of those old MD´s and i think they actually sell the old mags for those interested. A lot of the time I pick up MD and get pissed off since i find nothing that interests me, so i understand little drummer boy. Modern Drummer costs money man, it should have the good stuff.

But dont worry, the blues and all the Texas shuffles arent going anywhere, and they will be back! you´ll see Wink

in the meantime check out Tower of Power with Carlos Santana on guitar and David Garibaldi back on drums http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/DavidGaribalditower2.html

There are so many different styles, that its very hard for drum magazines to cover them all. If you notice, there are acctully some different magazines for guitarists, like some for metal, and some for acoustic. But Guitar magazines can do that because there is such a huge customer base of guitarists, and all styles will get pretty decent sales. But there arnt enough drummers to start splitting magazines into seperate genres. And to get more sales, the publishers will focus on the most popular style in drumming, which at the moment happends to be metal.

Its the downside of being in the minority  Angry

Garibaldi? Yummy biscuits  Tongue  Not only that, but there is a interview with the guy in this months Rhythm mag. Theres also a guide to miking a drum kit, which i will be posting up soon.
BONZOFREAK

BONZOFREAK

View Forum Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »

Batteur is one of the best and Drumhead is the best of the English language... and for the CD lovers ... they got loads of lessons. and the editor of the 'zine is Jon Mover who's a pretty sweet drummer too! And they don't just pack on the clichés when they write you know, its like balanced journalism. The second issue featured Dennis Chambers and Nicko McBrain..... here is something I think most of you will appreciate

http://www.drumheadmag.com/web/education.php?id=4

the dude's got like individual brains for each limb or something... he kinda reminds me of Portnoy
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »

Mike Mangini ... yeah - one of the fastest and one of the most technical drummers out there!
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: