Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

More life needed - Drum Solo Artist

December 13, 2018, 01:50:41 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 
Author Topic: More life needed  (Read 67393 times)
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

When an untoppable force meets and unmovable object

View Forum Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 08:34:10 PM »

Cool. This is gonna be a cool site.

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
blusorento

blusorento

View Forum Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »

I know I'm new to the site, but I have mentioned this site to every drummer I know. Hopefully they will check it out soon. There is alot of great advice and great people here.
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 02:24:32 AM »

Thank you VERY much! - It is Really appreciated Wink

I know that it sounds Cheesy, but the truth is that overall traffic vice, our closest competition is Mapex Drums, ( ww.mapexdrums.com ) and currently www.drumsoloartist.com is VERY close... After we will pass the Mapex we will get in to a bigger scene where we will be crawling up to compete with TAMA!

Currently www.drumsoloartist.com is Strongly holding the sixth place in the Most Visited Sites in all Drum Categories in the world.

Here is the official chart from Alexa :
http://www.alexa.com/browse?&CategoryID=1282046

just thought you may want to know  Wink
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »

Thats very impressive! Great! We'll get you Mapex!
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 10:12:41 PM »

Wow sixth? Nice! Alright Mapex! BRING IT ON!

Remember. If you limit yourself to only doubling with your leading hand... Then... You'll be limiting yourself to only doubling with your leading hand...
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »

well... We just passed the Mapex Drums and now we are number 5 most visited website in all drum categories:
http://www.alexa.com/browse/general/?&CategoryID=1282046&mode=general&R=True&Start=1&SortBy=Popularity

PS: I will move out of the drums category to the Percussion Instruments which contains all percussive companies...

Percusive Instrumments is the Biggest Category in the world that has everything that connects with Drums: Cymbal Manufacturers, Drum Magazines, Sticks Manufacturers, etc. (there is no bigger category than percussive for anything Drum/Drummer related).

Our next closest competition is Modern Drummer Magazine!  Wink
HERE IS THE LINK
SenseTheDwarf

SenseTheDwarf

Seas dude`s

View Forum Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 01:09:24 AM »

lollol ive not that time to look uP every day whats new on this site... thats sad.. cause i see that this site is moving forward and forward  Grin

i told a few of my "drum-friends" about this site... all they said was just a poor myspace copy  Undecided

i think it will tkae 2 or 3 months until they register here  Tongue

see yaa Daniel
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »

...all they said was just a poor myspace copy  Undecided

Well thats sad.. Thanks anyway, I am sure we will see them here sooner or later  Wink - Thanks again..
Little-Drummer-Boy

Little-Drummer-Boy

View Forum Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »

Pfffftttt who visits modern drummer anyway?

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 01:53:26 PM »

Pfffftttt who visits modern drummer anyway?

Well... I dont... But nevertheless they are popular  Wink
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

Music Calms the Tormented Beast

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »

One thing you can do is send out an email to members each month/quarter and let them know what is hot on the site.  If you have a great drum deal or Super Drum Solo you want members to hear then let them know via email.  You will spark interest from time to time as well as capture consistent visits by members. How about Drum Solo of the Month.  You send out a email like this:

Drumsoloartist Member,

We are changing things up a bit at our site and we want your input.  First we are sending out an invite via this email for you to watch and give feedback on Drum Solo of the month.  The Solo is handpicked by my team and we want you to tell us what like, dislike about the solo.

We also just completed our Annual Drum Off and I am looking at hosting another one midyear 2009 and end of year 2009.

If you are new to drumming check out our new drummers topic where you can post a vid of yourself and receive constructive feedback.

And it can go on.....  but you have the idea now.

I also encourage you and I bet you already have, is visit the competition.  See what they are and are not doing.  This does not mean trash another site, I doubt you would do that given you likely have members who belong to other drum sites as well.  This said, check out freedrumlessons.com, onlinedrummer and then compare your site to theirs.  I do know Jared Falk at Freedrumlessons is big on cross resourcing i.e. he will put your site on his if you ask him to. You have his link on yours.  This said, never divulge your membership names or data to another site that you make agreements with.

I have been to freedrumlessons.com its members are not as experienced in drumming as your members are.  The site does offer free drum lessons in vid format that you click and play of which are embedded in the forum itself.  There is a Me on Drums topic that has over 50,000 views and 1,000 replies I started that topic as Johnathan H.  I also encouraged Jared to host a Drum Off he did last year both are reflected under my name as the topic starter.  This year he is doing the same.  However, the prizes are his products of which your prizes are of greater value far as dollars.

Keep in mind people will hangout where they feel comfortable the most.  Your site has very similar topics but is lacking the traffic of which I think you can capture with emails, adds and other gimmicks.  Your site is more drum focused and I like that, you do have an off topic or other then drum section and that is good.  Folks just want to chat sometimes.  Lastly, you and your Mod need to be on the site more often.  I know that can be hard but as you grow you can add more staff to ensure there is someone from DSA on the site nearly all the time.  Also you and you mod need to  use a moderators chat area that no other member can see.  You both tend to vet ideas then banter out in the open, this can hurt you when there is visible disagreement between you and your team.  You are the owner so ultimate decisions are yours.  Give clear and concise direction in timely manner and then expect your mods to execute it.

I would also try and merge/clean up simular topics.  If a section gets to cluttered it can be very hard to navigate the site and or want to participate. 

Hope these ideas help.

KenSanders
Global Moderator

KenSanders

IBJAMN in Nashville

View Forum Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »

I think there are some good ideas in your post.

Ken Sanders
IBJAMN in Nashvile, TN
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »

Thanks, do you think you and PASHA will impliment any of it?  Hope so Smiley

PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »

Ok, let me reply to that in a bit... Wink
PASHA
Forum Administrator
Gold Member

PASHA

View Forum Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2008, 05:20:04 PM »

I believe a man should always do what he promises...
http://www.drumsoloartist.com/live/drumforum/index.php/board,15.0.html

Hope that answers it...

Cheers!
Thanks, do you think you and PASHA will impliment any of it? Hope so Smiley
Johnathan
Drum Solo Artist Trusted

Johnathan

View Forum Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »

I think the new Drum Forum Beginner Drummers Area is a great idea.  Hope this will get newer less experianced drummers to post vids for feedback.  As they do, they can be reffered to other parts of DSA for resources to hone in on thier skills etc.

We have a few vids and feedback so far, hope to see more.  Feedback does not have to be restricted to words, a more experianced drummer who has the time, may want to post a vid of the same song on how to do it correctly from their perspective.  I know I would love to see that on my song, anyone who can capture Keith Moon's style is stellar in my book Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
 Print 

Jump to: