Welcome, Please login or register.
Drum Solo Artist Logo

metranones - Drum Solo Artist

January 24, 2018, 04:59:32 AM*
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

- Drum Related Ads
Pages: [1]
 Print 
Author Topic: metranones  (Read 4588 times)
drummer-4-1

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:09:22 PM »

today i filled in for a guy in my youth band, and i kept speeding up pretty bad and they were kinda kinda upset, so if u play by ur selfe alot, u should start playing with a metranone as soon as possible, cause when u play by urselfe u dont have to worry about being in time with the rest of the band, u should get one as soon as possible and work with it in all different speeds, it was harder for me to keep in time on the slower songs
-drummer-4-1
Wink
Smelly_granny

I'll hit you with my rhythm stick

View Forum Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 06:25:14 PM »

Yes, very good advice.

Problem is that they cost so much. Ive got that makes a sound, accents on the first beat, has a "bouncing ball" LCD screen, and flashes an LED at you on each beat. It does 4/4 3/4 and 2/4 and you can change speed. That cost me 20 ($36).

You may think that your getting alot for your money, but i went out looking for one that could do 5/4 time in the first place, and those cost major money.

You can get one that does every time possible, but that will cost you 90 ($160), and i personally think thats way over priced.

But then again, what price can you put on good timing?
drummer-4-1

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »

yes some are pretty expensive, but i have one that dose alot of differnt time's and has a bunch of different settings, and it only cost me 18 dollars, wich is really good for what it is and does. but it may not do what alot of people want it to do, but if u can get one that works and keeps time it will help alot, u dont know how much of a difference it makes till uve played with a band or somone that can keep good time.  Smiley
-drummer-4-1
armydrummer

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 02:43:05 AM »

if you do play with the youth band again, keep your eyes on the conductor (im assuming they would have one) and just count in your head 1,2, 3, 4...and just kinda keep the metronome in your head!

I come from the land down under
drummer-4-1

Drum Forum Rules !

View Forum Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 08:11:40 AM »

yea, we dont really have a conductor, we have a lead guitarist wichi is our singer, and then a bass guitarist, and a back up guitarist, but yea i was kinda nervouse so i didnt really think about counting in my head.
-drew
Pages: [1]
 Print 

Jump to: