Title: Drums and Perc. Summer Camp
Description: "Contemporary Drums and Percussion Summer Camp"
From: June 5-7, 2008
Where: University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Sponsored by: Contemporary Latin Music Educators, Pearl Percussion and the University of Central Florida
A unique opportunity to study with Pearl Percussion Artists Jose Rosa and Hector "Pocho" Neciosup and learn their contemporary approach, as well as performing techniques on Drums, Congas, Timbales, Bongos, Multi-percussion, Bata Drums and other instruments.
Also, study with special guests and Pearl Percussion Artists: Grammy Award winner Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez, Glen Caruba and Dimas Sanchez.
All levels are welcome; we will place the student on the appropriate level. Participants will perform in master classes and concerts, and will receive instruction on a variety of percussion subjects including:
* Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced levels
* History of Drums
* History of Latin Percussion Instruments
* Drum Set Lessons: Latin Funk, Fusion, Salsa Patterns, Latin American Rhythms
* Contemporary Conga Techniques ¡V "Beyond The Secret Hand" - La Mano Secreta
* "El Negro's" Approach to Drum-set
* The Contemporary Multi-percussionist ¡V "The approach to Pop Music" by: Glen Caruba
* Afro Peruvian Music, The Cajon and its roots
* Timbales and Hand Drums improvisation
* Afro Cuban Percussion- Bata Drums, Bembe and Folkloric music
* Independence & Transfer Value in Percussion
* New World Afro Music - Percussion instruments from: Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Peru, etc
* Latin Percussion Ensemble
* Brazilian Percussion
* Drums and Percussion Ensemble
* Evening sessions and much more
Each student will receive:
* Daily sessions with Jose Rosa, Hector Neciosup and Dimas Sanchez
* Master Class and/or small groups lessons with Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez* and Glen Caruba
* small group lessons and Individual instruction opportunities with Jose Rosa and Hector "Pocho" Neciosup
* Ample time for individual practice
* Instruments will be provided. - Contact Jose Rosa to make arrangements if you wish to bring your own instruments.
To Register go to:
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIEW FULL VERSION: Link